“My favorite cafe in Muri”
Review of Pacific Village Cafe - CLOSED

Pacific Village Cafe
Cuisines: European
Reading, Pennsylvania
“My favorite cafe in Muri”
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I stop here several times a week, the place is a real eye-catcher from the road.. Something Muri has needed for a long time. The pizzas are the star of the menu and despite the price ,they are a popular takeaway item with the locals. I have also had the penne pasta with meat sauce which was very good and filling. The cold smoked chicken sandwich and wraps at lunch are also good. I often stop by on the way home from town for a slice of baked cheesecake and a coffee. They are one of the rare few cafes that offers decafe coffee on the island .To sit there in the shade, with good food, watching the world pass by is what the Rarotonga lifestyle is all about. Open from breakfast til 8:00 pm everyday. This one's a winner.

• Visited August 2011

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Fabulous Pizzas”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at the Pacific Resort for 11 nights and probably had more than half of our dinners here.

With our $50.00 food and beverage credit per day we could get 2 small pizzas (9 inch), 2 coffees and one cold drink for just under $50. I just loved the seafood pizza - loaded with lots of prawns, squid and fish. I found they put too much cheese on the pizzas so I asked for less (didn't really work, so I then asked for none which was perfect). My husband prefered the meat lovers over the chicken pizza. I even had a seafood pizza for dinner after being very unwell for the last 24 hours - just what the doctor would have ordered surely!!

The staff were very friendly and we found the service and speed of delivery very good. A lovely touch with the little shortbread with the coffee. It is something we have become accustomed to in New Zealand - a little something on the side.

The salads did look expensive, some of the toppings for your "fancy" lettuce were approaching $6.00 e.g pumpkin seeds. They included wraps on the lunch menu which sounded very nice and healthy but it always looked a little hot sitting at the cafe in the midday sun so we never had lunch there. Pasta was also available which my Husband only tried once and prefered the pizza.

The only downside was an early closing (8pm) and not too many tables to eat at. It would get a little dark once the sun when down due poor/no lighting by the tables.

Visited August 2011
NSW, Australia
“Nice Food. Can be pricey”
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Nice coffee, and pizza. Can be pricey when getting a salad, as you pay per item in your salad. Beware that the prawns look like they are whole but they had been cut in half down the middle lenght ways. Thought that this was a bit rude. Good service nice people.

• Visited September 2011
Rarotonga, Cook Islands
“All In All A Tasty Treat”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Sorry it has taken a little time for the world to stop spinning so to speak, I have eaten at this amazing little Cafe a couple of times whilst being based on the island and everytime it has been above par and expectation.
The waiting time can be a little long if they are busy and you are in a rush...... so moral to that story is don't be in a rush and just sit and watch the world go by.
I found the staff to be very friendly and attentive to our needs.
Nothing was to much trouble even down to the fact they ran out of my favourite beer so they sent down to their sister restaurant and brought a few up for my consumption GREAT.
They now have the ability to provide you at minimal cost of course a personal laptop with wifi linked... so for all you business people and those of us always on the go what could be better than to sit down to a nice strong coffee (which comes with a melt in the mouth warm home-made shortbread biscuit) and catch up with life in the real world.
Thank you again Pacific Resort I just hope you can do something about your other restaurant sooner rather than latter.

• Visited July 2011