“great day fishing”

$118.98*
and up
Shared Fishing Charter in the Cook Islands
More attraction details
Owner description: WELCOME TO MARLIN QUEEN FISHING CHARTERS!Serious about Big Game Fishing? Great so are we!Fishing aboard Marlin Queen is the ultimate game fishing experience in Rarotonga, Cook Islands. A successful blend of Rarotonga's best known and most trusted Captain (Junior) with a purpose built deep sea boat means a day out on the ocean doesn't get any better! We work extra hard to make sure your fishing trip is an unforgettable experience! Rain, hail or shine - we go fishing! If it's your dream to catch big fish, you will not find a more dedicated team to help you do it! As soon as you leave the Avatiu Harbour the water gets very deep, very quickly so no time is wasted in getting those lures into the water to find the "Big Ones". Sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular view of the island in a safe and relaxed atmosphere - unless of course you are on our "early bird" trip which leaves at 6am (and it's still dark) to the FAD's to meet the Yellow Fin Tuna when they rise for feeding. The early bird catches the worm - and so do we! The fishing in Rarotonga is great all year round and our well equipped boat has everything you will need. Whether you're a novice or experienced angler your enjoyment is guaranteed. We provide refreshments, snacks, comprehensive safety equipment, flush toilet and use the latest Shimano fishing gear. Captain Junior is famous for making his own lures - guaranteed to attract the Big Ones! Shared and private charters are available and you can choose whether you want to fish for a 1/2 day or full day. Our minimum is one person and for larger groups (over 10) we will organise your own "inter-boat" fishing competition, loads of fun for the competitive at heart. Want the "Ultimate Fishing Holiday"? We specialise in complete fishing, accommodation and transport packages, tailor-made to suit your individual or group requirements. We have a great range of accommodation and transport options to suit your every need and budget, so sit back, relax and let us organise your dream fishing holiday. Don't wait until you arrive in Rarotonga to book your trip as demand is high - avoid disappointed, book your trip now!
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very professional crew and operation.Willing to share their knowledge.Caught yellowfin Tuna.Good fun.

1  Thank Karen P
MarlinQueen, Manager at Marlin Queen Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Hi thanks very much for your review - we really value your feedback and comments and hope to see you in Rarotonga again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I've been going to the Cooks for a number of years and have family and friends there, amongst which I would defintely now count the Marlin Queen team. I write for a fishing magazine and am pretty serious about my fishing: there isn't anyone else on Rarotonga I'd recommend more highly than Junior, Diane and Captain Willie. It's no coincidence that they hold the Cook Islands record for biggest tuna and have caught more, bigger yellowfin and more marlin than any other boat on the island.
I send all my fishing friends to the Marlin Queen team whenever they visit the islands for the simple reason that you won't get better looked after, have a better trip or catch better fish with anyone else.
Enjoy your fishing with them :)

2  Thank Fishybznz
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Just spent a week in Cook Islands and had booked a days fishing with the Marlin Queen.my e mail through Di was just wonderful and felt comfortable about the booking before I had even arrived. Di picks you up from the hotel and straight away felt very welcome. Captain Junior and mate Paul made the days fishing a wonderful experience caught some good size yellow fin tuna. I had such a wonderful time I booked again twice really do suggest the marlin queen. Thank you Di captain Junior and Paul for the great time fishing. Cheryl Hennessey see you again I hope for some more fishing adventures.

Thanks for taking the time to review us Cheryl - it was fabulous to finally meet you after building a relationship with you via emails and then for coming out fishing with us 3 days in a row. Would love to see you back in Raro again soon and this time we will find some Mahimahi and Wahoo for you to practice your angling skills on - you have the Yellow Fin Tuna beat! Di

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went out on the morning trip. The crew were energetic and attentive, despite finishing at 1am that morning, having played a large marlin for 7 hours. Lots of Rarotongan humour. The crew ensured everyone caught fish, then filleted and shared it out at the end of the trip. Diane was awesome, from collecting us from our accomodation, to ensuring we had plenty of fish to take back for dinner. If you are planning on going fishing this is the one to pick. Thanks guys, Sue and Jim, Rotorua, NZ

Reviewed April 26, 2013

We arrived at the boat well before dawn, soaking wet as the heavens opened up and the scooters offered little protection. Willie, the skipper, soon had us in wet weather gear to warm up, and off we went. Not the best day to be on the water with huge swells but Willie soon had us catching so many tuna the swell was forgotten. His skill and humour made for a memorable morning on the water and with 17 yellowfin, plenty of food for the gang. If there is one thing you do on Rarotonga, this is it. Friendly, skilled staff, good boats and plenty of fish. We had a chat with the owners the next day at the markets and they even offered us more fish if we needed it. Wow, customer service. Will be going out with them on my next trip for sure.

MarlinQueen, Owner at Marlin Queen Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

I remember that morning well as I saw you guys in the pouring rain on the way to the boat while I was picking some others up - your right it was bucketing down and I thought to myself "you guys are real troopers"! And I wasn't wrong - you did an awesome job out there fishing with Willie and bought in an awesome haul of Yellow Fin Tuna! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review and we really look forward to meeting up with you again soon in Rarotonga - this time we will find that Marlin!!