“Awsome experience”

Seafari Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Seafari Game fishing Charters Rarotonga, Cook Islands.Largest catch record over 30 years."No Frills" but "Big Thrills" for the serious Fisherman.Seafari is the longest, most established charter boat in the waters of Rarotonga."Time Proven & Trusted"Canadian built, 34ft West Coast Trawler. A purpose built, strong, comfortable seaworthy boat."They don't build them like this any more"."Original & Best".Seafari continues to be regularly featured in print and TV media around the world and is successful today as she was nearly 30 years ago.We pride ourselves in offering a professional, friendly & safe service to all anglers.Shared charters are limited to just 6 people.Half & Full day charters available 7 days a week. We provide everything needed for a days fishing including Top Quality Gear, The best Shimano reels, full IGFA approved lines, full range of tried and proven lures including local and international variants. All gear fully serviced and maintained. Home catered Lunch. Full toilet facilities and Safety Equipment. Pick up and delivery on request.We target all Game fishing including Mahimahi (dolphin fish) Tuna, Marlin, Wahoo and Sailfish.Catch policy. Anglers keep some of the fish and the balance remains with the boat.Tailored Fishing Holiday packages available for group bookings. Let us do the work. We can organise and cater to your needs.
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went fishing in August, 13, 2013. What can I say? If you want a cruise, do not go with these guys...but if you want to experience the real thing, go for it. I had a great day, the best in my entire holiday, and the crew members were.....truly fishermen. They are not stewards, with a fake smile on their face all the time, they are very good professionals and I really enjoyed to feel like a crew member and to do something real, not to be entertained like a puppet.If i will visit Cook Islands again next year, I'll do it again and definitely with them. Thanks Kevin and Trent for a great experience......and for the sushi on the shore. I hope I'll be able to send you what I taped.

There are newer reviews for Seafari Fishing Charters

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Shaz and Daves experiences with seafari fishing charters was nothing short of amazing, first day we had private charter, and where fortunate to also have a shared charter two days later, both days where amazing, a big thank you to Sharon for the pick up/ drop off and yum lunch. thanks to Kevin/skipper for two awesome days out on the water, safe boat, good gear, and to the decky/trent for the laughs, for the fishing knowledge, and for not dropping my fish off the gaff.
we will be back next year, and will be using seafari again, will be recommending to family, friends and everyone that seafari is value for money.
also a great way to see Rarotonga from the sea perspective, first day we where out 8 miles from Raro, give you the reality that Raro is just a speck in the big pacific, second day we went right the way around the island, sights you can only see by boat, just magic.
either private charter or shared charter its a must do when in Raro.
thanks again seafari fishing charters

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I ended up going out three times with these guys and over that time we caught three types of tuna, mahimahi, had a marlin strike and even saw spinner dolphins. The boat is well equipped and with 7 lines out at once you have a good chance of hooking up. Trent the deckie is like a whirlwind at the start and quickly gets a combination of lures and baits in the water and then he and Kev systematically take you through the best spots and also lookout for signs of activity on the water.

What i really liked was that these guys genuinely want to get you fish and they work hard at it. When you land a fish there are lots of high-fives and whooping and if you lose one they are genuinely gutted for you. If you are in Raro and want to catch something like a tuna, wahoo or mahimahi then i would recommend these guys. Go in the morning if you can as that seemed to be the best time. When i was there there was a local fishing competition and Seafari won the heaviest overall catch, which tells me they are good at what they do. A bonus at the end is that you get to try some raw fish if you want with wasabe and soy sauce, and you can take some home too.

I loved fishing with Seafari and if i get back to Raro they would be my first choice again.

1  Thank Bowsey
Sharon R, Owner at Seafari Fishing Charters, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your great review. Yes the guys do their best to help you catch fish and we are pleased you had a few great days on the water. We certainly hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Booked an early morning charter for myself and my son and his colleague ( both young doctors working in Rarotonga for 3 months). We are Irish and have done a lot of big game fishing mostly in Indian Ocean. Excellant boat and equipment but more important skipper Kevin and crewman Trent know their jobs and work really hard to get you fish. They are also great "Craic" and love a bit of banter! We had a wonderful morning with several yellowfin tuna and a 17 kg mahi mahi plus multiple other hookups. If you are in Rarotonga and are looking for a superb outfit to take you fishing this is the one ! Sharon ,thanks for organising the trip and the first class lunch--if you get a chance please forward the photos you took of the catch.

1  Thank nephinbeg
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The crew was great, really friendly and knowledgeable. Our group of 4 was mixed in tems of experience, but no matter what experience you had the crew made sure you were well taken care of.

The catering on the boat was plentiful and the quality of the food great.

The boat and equipment were in excellent condition.

I highly recommend this charter company.