“Fresh fish sandwichs - so yummy”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed July 29, 2014

These guys had by far the yummiest, freshest fish on Raro. The sandwichs were really good - we had the Tuna sandwich and also the fish salad. Both were excellent and we had lunch here several times over our trip. Pretty quick getting meals out too considering how busy it can be.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Mooring is THE place to go for sandwiches and salads. Located in Muri Beach, down a long driveway, this unassuming eatery is quintessential Rarotonga. Go for the FOB sandwich - fresh Mahi Mahi or the Rusty - chicken with pawpaw salsa

Reviewed July 28, 2014

When my partner (a big carnivore!) took me (a vegetarian) to a fish cafe I was expecting my sandwich to be pretty average at best. Oh was I wrong.....It was absolutely delicious!!!! So tasty and fresh and the staff were incredibly friendly. We came back 3 times in our week long trip. :)

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This small unassuming fish cafe delights.. with fast, sumptuous, affordable, impossibly fresh fish!
If you can only go once, try the Mahi Mahi sandwich & a tropical fruit smoothie- delish!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We recently visited for lunch on our trip to Rarotonga (July 2014).

I had seen this place had great reviews on TripAdvisor so we tracked it down and weren't disappointed.

My husband was so impressed we ended up going back for lunch 3 days in a row.....he even got a takeaway 'Fob' sandwich for his trip home on the plane.

Delicious food, good prices, fast and friendly service and a nice spot overlooking the Avana harbour entrance.

The staff acknowledged everyone with a friendly greeting and recognised we had been there the day before.

The fruit smoothies were also great - we felt far superior than those at 'Fruits of Raro'

Yum!