“It is true - this is a fabulous food experience!”
Review of The Mooring

The Mooring
Ranked #1 of 102 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Fresh fish, fresh bread and fresh salad, a divine lunch was had by all, we visited twice last week and the tripadvisor reviews are all true.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,914)

Reviewed May 10, 2014

We travel to Raro yearly and despite staying 30 mins away, we eat here at least every second day.
The fish is the freshest you will get. I watched the local fisherman named Moko fillet his wahoo and tuna and followed it straight to the Moorings cafe (about 20 steps away). Needles to say I then had one of the best fish burgers ever. The last time I had a fish burger that good ....well...was the day before at the Moorings.

Whilst they have an abundance of fresh fish in cafe and are non stop in the kitchen. I wanted to watch my meal from boat, to seaside filleting to plate.
A very satisfying meal and great to watch an expert fisherman doing his thing.

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Fantastic food, fast service and quaint setting on the harbor edge - beside the fishing character that provides some of the fish. It's fresh and super tasty. I'm hooked - discovered it late in our trip or I would have been back daily! FOB is good Tijuana Cajun was amazing. They don't sell beer but are happy for you to take your own and enjoy it with your sandwich. Casual and yum!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

After reading on tripadvisor that the food at The Mooring was the "the best on the planet" we couldn't leave Rarotonga without tasting it for ourselves.
I'm pleased to say that it didn't disappoint and we were sad to have only discovered it on the 2nd last day of our holiday. Needless to say.. we went there on our last day too. We'd recommend the fish sandwich (unsurprisingly!) and also the rusty salad, or any salad for that matter.
Excellent tentative & friendly service to go with the food. We couldn't fault it any way.

1  Thank Lindy M
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Perfect lunch time stop. Superb FOB (Fresh Of the Boat) sandwich. We went here twice during our stay. Must be done.

1  Thank Steve M