“Yuuummmm!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Palace Takeaways
Ranked #46 of 100 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Yuuummmm!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Palace Burger is awesome and is a must when you are in Raro!!! We got addicted to the 'Wet' burgers (burgers with heavy dressing on the coleslaw). They are amazing!! You must do the wet cheeseburger with chips and thousand island sauce!!! Can't wait to go back!!

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Still a superb cheeseburger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Am very pleased to report that Palace Takeaway's burgers are still fabulous. Cheeseburger with fried onions and a shared pottle of chips = a very cheap dinner & two very happy campers :o)

Definitely worth a visit (or three)....

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Colorado
“Palace Burger - pace yourself!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Wow. I ordered the Palace Burger not knowing what it was, but only on the recommendation from a friend. When she said it was $14, I thought, "Whoa". This better be good.
Little did I know what it was: two burger patties, two fried eggs, cole slaw, tomatoes, pineapple, cheese, and a minor heart attack on the side.
The burger was a solid 8 inches tall.
After a good laugh, my wife and I attacked it. It very quickly disintegrated into a big Palace pile.
I suspect not many other people were getting the Palace burger for lunch, and I think that most people order this burger between the hours of 2a-4a. Either way, it was huge, and made me want to take a nap.

1 Thank PaulTheTravelGuy
Glendora, California
“Fast, delicious, and affordable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stopped here on our first day on Raro. My daughter ordered a wet burger, while my husband and I opted for the fish and chips. The food was fresh and delicious! The coleslaw is very good! My husband, who hates coleslaw, actually loved it as well! The fish is fresh. The staff is so nice, friendly, generous and helpful. We ended up liking it so much we went back two more times for lunch during our 6 day stay in Raro! It doesn't look like much from the street, but the food that comes from here and the staff inside are delightful. We sat on the side picnic tables and watched the locals jumping from the shipping docs into the water far below. Looked like fun! This is the only place that we found that stays open late when everything else on the island is closed. There were always people out there eating at all hours of the day and evening! If it's packed with locals as well, you know it's good food. Cheapest eats on the island as well!!

1 Thank AnnalisaL4
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great Value, Tasty Fish Burgers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

My husband and I noticed the crowds of locals at this place and decided we must try this place out. We bought some fish and chips and a fish burger to share back at our room and we loved it so much we went back another day for a quick and easy meal to go.

• 4 of 5 bubbles