“Great outfit!”
Review of Cook Island Divers - CLOSED

Cook Island Divers
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I picked out Cook Island Divers not based on price but based on reviews and comments I read online. I could not have been happier with my choice. The team were friendly, patient and knowledgeable. I got my advanced course done and five great dives. Plan on using these guys again next time I head to Raro and fancy some diving. Some other operators in other countries could learn a thing or two from these guys.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was my first time diving, and I was really nervous. But I felt totally safe and Ian was VERY patient with me!! I highly recommend them for anyone wanting to give diving a try! If I can do it, ANYONE can :) The lagoon is an excellent place to learn to dive as there is lots of room, yet despite the shallower area we dove, still so much to see!! I spoke with many others on vacation who dove with them on the deeper dives and they all had an amazing experience as well. Everyone I talked to said this was the company to dive with, so I am glad I chose them :)

Totally amazing experience, and highly recommend them. You can tell they all love to dive and are there to make your diving experience the best it can be!

If I had more time I would have considered going for the certification, but sadly ran out of time :(

2  Thank jenvieve
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We are advanced open water divers and have been diving for years and years. This dive operation is great! Greg, the owner, started this operation 40 years ago and was the original dive operation on Rarotonga. He was very responsive to my emails and because of the reviews, I specifically chose them: they let you dive your profile and your air. In other words, this is not a cattle drive dive operation. They do require you to dress your own tanks, haul them to the boat and redress the tanks between dives. Not a problem. We absolutely loved, LOVED, our dive master, Ian. He was professional, safe, friendly and informative. He also told us places to eat [Waterline!]. Cook Island Divers "never turn down a dive." That means that if you're the only ones signed up, they will take you. Most dive operations require a minimum number of divers before they'll go out. Not this operation. -- We saw eagle rays, white tip sharks, numerous green turtles, lion fish, .... It's the only dive operation I'd dive on Raro.

2  Thank TheLTS
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I booked a surprise dive for my partner and I for his birthday. We did the Discover Scuba course as we have been thinking of doing our PADI for ages now. Our teacher was so patient and took his time with us and tried so hard to help he equalize my ears even though it just wasn't happening for me. As I wasn't going to make it down too deep, they took us out in the lagoon and had a shallow dive. A glorified snorkel but great to get to experience going out in the water with all the gear and know that it is something that we will now pursue. Thanks for a great day. (take a snack, it can take a while)

1  Thank Samwisely
See more reviews
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We unfortunately had crappy weather whilst in Raro. The other dive companies weren't going out as they didn't have enough customers. Cook Island Divers went with me and one other, and although we didn't get to the best dive sites on the South of the island, they still took us a way around the coast to another site. A friend who visited a different company was offered a lagoon dive on the same day, presumably because they didn't want to bother with few numbers. Our dive master (Nga) was friendly, helpful, and reassuring. The boats aren't flash but the gear was all pretty good. I'd use them again. They probably barely covered their costs with our dive but Nga said they will always go out if they can, even if there is only one other. So, I recommend them but would probably wait until the weather was better to dive on the South side of the Island next time.