“Fun & doesn't require sunshine”
Review of Coconut Tours

Coconut Tours
Ranked #11 of 38 Tours in Rarotonga
More attraction details
Owner description: If true adventure is what you’re after, the Jungle Quad Adventure is perfect offering thrills and challenges driving your very own 4 wheel quad!Follow our knowledgeable Tour Guide and get lost deep in our beautiful, lush and preserved jungle driving your very own 350cc Yamaha Grizzly Quad. This 90% off road adventure will see you venturing through hidden valleys in Turangi and Avana and get a close view of the great Te Atukura Mountain, weather pending. Then hold on tight as you encounter rugged terrain, cross jungle streams and tropical rivers. You will see a side of Rarotonga not often ventured. Turn your holiday into a wild adventure on this ultimate experience! The Quads are fully automatic and easy to drive and orientation is given at beginning of the tour. Rain or shine you can be sure to have an experience like no other. Finish off the tour up the mountain with a swim in a fresh water creek, to return to refreshments once tour is over. Located in the hub of Muri Beach Coconut Tours is your number one adventure!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun & doesn't require sunshine”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

A fun activity that we decided to do on a cloudy day in Rarotonga. So glad we did it! I wasn't that keen, but my partner convinced me to go and it was not only fun to give the quad bikes a rev through the bush, it was informative and interesting. By far one of the best things we did while on holiday! Was also the most expensive at $150 per person, but worth it if you have the budget.

Hamilton, New Zealand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

One of the most enjoyable parts of our trip, the guide was very entertaining and had plenty of local knowledge to share. Had rained the previous day so was even more exciting with more water in the streams. Great value for money, decent length of time on the bikes, finished with a swim to cool down and refreshments back at the starting point. Highly reccomend!!!!

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“First timer on quad”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Felt very comfortable with the bike and as I was a little bit scared before I went along I had the best time, so much fun and Tim gave us abut of free reign as we were a small group who were competent water hole for a swim was a little let down but the quads made up for it. Take repellant and if a female wear a bra :)

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“BEST Time Ever!”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Just got back from Raro and 4 of us did the quad biking with Tim Tam!
Tim was such a great tour guide. His knowledge of the Island and Jokes made the trip.

I had never been on a quad bike before but after this ride I cant wait to go back.

Defiantly the highlight of or holiday!!!!!!

Thanks Coconut Tours and Tim!!!!!!!!

Whakatane
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great Fun”
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

One of the best things we did while on our holiday.

Good guide with good local knowledge and a laid back approach as you would expect in Raro.

My wife had never ridden a motorcycle of any type before this tour and she had a great time. No experience required.

It was pretty dry when we went and whilst it was still good fun I think it would be even better after a decent dose of rain.

Tour takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours so I thought it was good value for $150 pp.