“SCUBA trip”

Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
auckland
“SCUBA trip”
Reviewed November 16, 2009

back in new zealand now but while i was over in rarotonga recently i went for mutiple dives with steve at pacific divers. had a great time with lovely company and beautiful scenery . everything was clean, professionally handled and so very well organised. we dived in town just out from trader jacks - no need to travel far - the dives sites are right at your back door step. professional, well organised, safe and fun.
very recomended.

torino, italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“very professional and great people!”
Reviewed September 25, 2009

we took our our PADI open water course with Steve and his team
they were extremely professional and made us fall in love with diving.

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“First dive - loved it”
Reviewed August 5, 2009

I wasn't sure whether or not to have a go at scuba diving, but on my last day I decided to go for it, as did my girlfriend. Pacific Divers was just down the road from Vara's, where we were staying, and had been recommended by a friend who'd done the 4 day course.
They are a great bunch of people, and our instructor was very good. He was patient with us, as it took us a bit of time to get used to.
Once ready, we were taken out to do the actual dive, which was stunning. Although I've got nothing to compare it to, there was a wealth of fish, an eel, octopus and other interesting stuff down here. Again, the instructor was patient as I was having trouble equalizing the pressure in my ears, and had to go down quite slowly.

The only downside for me was that I went and lost the CD with the pictures on!

It was one of the highlights of our stay in the Cook Islands, and has given me an appetite to do a dive course in the future. Highly recommended.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Another excellent diving experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2009

My partner and I have just returned from Rarotonga and having had an excellent experience with Pacific Divers last year, wished to dive with them again.
We completed a series of six dives this year, and found safety to be a priority again. All equipment was in good working order and the owner Steve was very professional in his manner. It was a different boat this year -larger allowing the divers more room, although the boat trips are very short as the reef is so close.
There is a relaxed atmosphere within the dive shop, but this helps to make divers more comfortable and enjoy the experience.
Our last 2 dives were taken at the same time as an open water group were taking their first dives, a fact we were made aware of before booking the dives. As qualified PADI rescue divers, we were comfortable in navigating our own dives and thoroughly enjoyed this opportunity. We were also very impressed by the instruction given to the learner divers by Laura.
The only disapointment was that we were not there to take advantage of the new, purpose built dive boat which is due to arrive in the very near future!
So many varieties of fish to observe on the reef - it makes for very relaxed, enjoyable diving.
Thank you again Pacific Divers for such a great experience.

1 Thank Mumoir
Wellington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best on the Island”
Reviewed June 9, 2009

I've been to Raro 8 times now and found the Pacific Divers (owned by New Zealander Steve who is a Marine Biologist) to be the best. Steve runs a tight ship at Pacific Divers. I always felt safe and the briefings are excellent. I have tried other Dive Shops around Raro and found them to hire overseas divers who had only been in the Islands for a few months! Pacific Divers hire local people or those who have returned home from time spent overseas. These guys know the area EXTREMELY well!! I always ensure I recommend Pacific Divers to my friends going over to Raro as I know Steve and his team do a very good job (and above all SAFE dive).

1 Thank TMP1