“A "Must Do" on Rarotonga”

Highland Paradise Drums of our Forefathers Sunset Culture Show
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Rarotonga
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My fiance and I went there in February. Wow! What an awesome night! We learnt so much about the culture. The man who was running the show, Danny was so entertaining!
The dancing was beautiful and totally amazing. I was really impressed at the dancers stamina and skill. I really enjoyed the singing and beautiful voices, but the drumming will blow your mind.
The food was excellent and there was plenty of it. Set in the most stunning location high up, with amazing views over the coastal region below. It was the most memorable and best of any show we attended while we were in Raro. We did go to another island culture night but this one is by far the best of all.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"high energy"
"dropped off"

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Kia Orana from the "Green Vaka", This is a "MUST DO" event whilst visiting Rarotonga. This cultural event should be done as earliest on your visit so you will appreciate the beauty of the area and its history. For NZ Maori of the Taranaki area, please visit and take in some history - I promise you wont regret it...Although I travelled to the event in a private vehicle, buses picks up & drop guests off at their accomdation. The night was very well conducted where guests were split into groups who were given well delivered descriptions and stories of cultural importance to the area. A visit to the sacred Marae was also a highlight which Im sure would give you goose bumps - AWESOME!!!.
Guests were provided with plenty of food cooked in the Umu (ground oven) at the same time entertained by local song and dance spanning pre missionary arrival to the modern day cultural performances.
Thank you Danny and your Team for an AWESOME night, Im sure I speak for all, that this attraction was worth it.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

An award winning show, and well worth it. From the pick up from the very entertaining and knowledgeable driver right to the end, this was not a disappointment.Even before the show you are introduced to the history and some of the old ways of island life.there are also amazing views.
The food has a wide spectrum of island style cooking which i would recommend trying it all. You can also purchase more drinks at the bar and there is also a desert included.
The show was the highlight for me.from the drums to the dancing and the history of the cook islands. It is very interesting and entertaining and there is interaction with the crowd.This show was one of the highlights of my trip and well worth seeing.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Very cultural. I was part of a group, and everyone else in the group enjoyed it more than I did. I thought it was ok and entertaining.... but I was unimpressed with the food (I liked maybe 20% of it) - everything was very bland - even their "specially" cooked chicken! Show was entertaining. The dancers are impressive and very skilled.
Definitely more a cultural experience than a show. It's supposed to be the #1 show on the Island... don't know if I agree.....

Pros
- resort pick up
- very cultural - you do learn a lot
- good value as you are there for several hours

Cons
- disliked the food
- show seemed to go on forever
- more cultural than showy (but many people might prefer that)

See more reviews
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Awesome place that makes your spine tingle with all its history and its shere beauty. I love this place and Tutu (the owner) is the most humble, proud and hard working person ive met in Rarotonga. The pride in her family land here is immense and this place is a real credit to all her hard work. The best cultural experience on the island and not to be missed.

Travelers who viewed Highland Paradise Drums of our Forefathers Sunset Culture Show also viewed

Been to Highland Paradise Drums of our Forefathers Sunset Culture Show? Share your experiences!