“BAD FOOD FOR THE PRICE!”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Flame Tree - CLOSED

Flame Tree
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Auckland, New Zealand
“BAD FOOD FOR THE PRICE!”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very expensive and food was not the best, I had cold tuna steak, coscous with no flavour and overcooked stir-fried veges, only ones that were happy on our table were those that had the pork belly, but the sauce was unusual and had wedges in it, very strange and didnt taste the best, waitresses however were lovely, man behind the bar, was a bit of an old grump, wont be going back there.

Visited July 2014

phoenix
“Atmosphere so-so but food topped our list!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

My husband and I just returned from two weeks in Aitutaki and Rarotonga and hit every restaurant we could. We both agreed that while the atmosphere at Flame Tree was not our favorite (a bit tired, not terrible) the food was some of the very best. He had the pork belly and was in heaven and I had a perfectly grilled and seasoned fish filet served on a bed of what resembled hash brown potatoes. Served piping hot and excellent flavoring!

• Visited July 2014
Napier, New Zealand
“The Most Amazing Seafood Platter Ever Eaten!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The Flame Tree Restaurant in Muri Beach has definately got to be one of the best restaurants I've dined at in a long time. This being my third visit to Rarotonga, I always make a point of dining here at least once.
The food is amazing! My favourite hands down is the double seafood platter which has a lovely and various selection of seafood (none if it deep fried), which is fresh daily and cooked to perfection! A seafood lovers dream! oh and the Ika Maata (raw fish) I just can never get enough of.
The staff are friendly, the service is great and the atmosphere is relaxing, for couples and families alike.
Also Id like to mention, we celebrated my fathers 60th birthday there beginning of August last year and it was fantastic! The manager and chefs went above and beyond helping us with the cake, the flower arrangements were amazing and the meal was served within well timed sections, one of the waitresses even got my father up and danced island style with him which was hilarious.
This restaurant is well worth the visit, although the prices are on the higher end of the scale you definately get your moneys worth. 5 Stars all round!!! Thankyou to the team at Flame Tree you do a wonderful job, you look after us well and we will see you next time!

• Visited July 2014
WPG
“Cute Cats begged for food”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We had a good meal here. Excellent fish and use of herbs. A little cat begged for food at our table and after we gave him some, he wandered over to the next table and meowed loudly for another snack!.

Visited May 2014
Salamander Bay
“Great seafood”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had a delicious fish dish at Flame Tree which was grilled with a parmesan topping and mash. Really loved it.

Visited July 2014