“Bad & go elsewhere”

Flame Tree
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Unfortunately our experience did not live up to Flametree reputation. The service was very very bad, entrees were 1hour and 15 minutes wait and waitress was only interested in getting us more drinks. Their excuse is nothing is prepared beforehand! Be careful where you sit as you may have to keep your hands permanently on the doors/windows to prevent them smashing into you and showering you in glass, not the ideal way to eat dinner. Food was average, there are much nicer places to eat with better service on the island.

2  Thank lonich
There are newer reviews for Flame Tree

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Last visit to Flame Tree was 5 years ago, seems things have slipped a bit.

Restaurant wasn't busy but we seemed to be hurried by the staff, wasn't relaxed and the speed with which food came out told me it wasn't prepared fresh....food was quite average and therefore over priced.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Prompt, efficient service and nice food. We were seated under a covered veranda over a saltwater pond containing a variety marine life, including the biggest eel I’ve seen in my life (over 20 years old apparently). I ordered crayfish – my absolute favourite - it was very small, but tasty. My husband had the mahi-mahi which he said was delicious. Not cheap, but worth returning to.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

only fresh seafood in the seafood platter. It was $65 for one but it came out on a platter about 1/2 mtr long! our eyes boggled!! Well worth it on our last night in Rarotonga & our anniversary. Friendly staff & a huge eel in the pond beside the outside dinning room. Glad this was recommended to me as I would have hated to miss out on the experience

Reviewed March 14, 2013

food was over-cooked and over priced. we had the special crayfish at $34 dollars.Half a very small cray (like a lobster but no claws) but it was so dry and flavourless it didn't taste like anything !
ika mata worst we had on the island!