“Highlight of my stay in Raro” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trader Jacks

Trader Jacks
Ranked #15 of 100 Restaurants in Rarotonga
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Seafood, New Zealand, Polynesian, Gastropub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Large groups, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Cook Island's most iconic dining destination. Stunning views over the south pacific. Come in and dine with us on our al fresco deck or join our friendly team at the Vaka bar for an icy cold tap beer or the best cocktails on the island.
Wellington, New Zealand
“Highlight of my stay in Raro”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

I had the pleasure of sitting at the Captains Table with Jack and some other 'distinguished' guests.

The food was fantastic, the wine of a high standard and value for money it could not be beat (and of course the company - goes without saying!).

Combined with a perfect day in paradise, this was the spot to be.

Highly recommended and I will be back next time I'm visiting Raro.

Jack was also a great host and certainly is an attraction on top of the above.

Auckland, New Zealand
“Brilliant seafood menu and very affordable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2010

The menu offers a large range of the local game fish prepared in a variety of ways and at a good price. Great service and the ocean waves are almost lapping at your feet. The tables are always full at this Restaurant. This place is a must whether dinner or lunch. It is an icon in Rarotonga.

Wellington, New Zealand
“JACKS IS THE BEST”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

SUPERB PLACE. the food is really good , great value and its the quintesstial place to while away the time . Recommend it to anyone.. Jack is a great host and a living legend

Wellington
“The perfect place for a long waterside lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I would normally have a long lunch in Wellington a couple of times each week at a variety of restaurants and expect to pay around $NZ 120 to do so.
I have been visiting Rarotonga at least twice a year since the mid eighties and have tried most of the restaurants at one time or another. Like most people I have developed preferences and have my Rarotonga top three. Trader Jack's is definitely the restaurant / bar that I visit most often. There are several reasons for this, I have come to know some of the locals who frequent Jack's bar and indulge in the tremendously entertaining and never ending banter. The staff are pleasantly familiar and a number have been there for many years. It is always nice to be somewhere that you believe the staff are genuinely pleased to see and serve you.
Like any restaurant that I visit regularly Trader's has its odd hic-ups, like my steak being undercooked on my last trip, but the staff seem to be able to handle criticism and complaints, without taking offence as so many do.
Over all the food is of an excellent standard with some great dishes. The Traders special pizza (with anchovies) is superb as is the seafood chowder. The service is pleasant and unobtrusive. The prices overall are reasonable, although if you are feeling extravagant, can get up there. However without being overly price conscious a pleasant afternoon costs no more than it would in Wellington.
My fondest memories of Rarotonga involve whiling away an afternoon in good company on the deck at Trader's looking out over the beautiful ever changing Pacific ocean.
I can't wait for my next visit.

nelson
“Brilliant Seafood platter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

We went here for lunch one day and were a little disappointed with the pizza and burger we had but great location/view. However we went back on a Friday night and had a few delicious, reasonably priced cocktails in the bar followed by an outstanding seafood platter for 2 in the restaurant. Fantastic way to end our holiday in Raro.