Cute place with a lot of history. As with many places in Alaska you don't have a lot of options in Cooper Landing to go out for dinner.
The service was excellent.
The food was good, but expensive just like everywhere we ate in AK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Gwin's Lodge is the closest restaurant and lodging to the confluence of the Kenai and Russian Rivers, the world's best salmon fishery. We are nestled at the base of the majestic Kenai Mountains in the Chugach National Forest, and across from the turquoise waters of the Kenai River. Our central location (about 100 miles from Anchorage, 50 miles from Seward, and 50 miles from Kenai) makes all indoor and outdoor recreational activities throughout the Kenai Peninsula easily accessible to our guests. Whether it's fishing, viewing wildlife, sightseeing, rafting, kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, or panning for gold, make Gwin's Lodge your recreational headquarters! Our full-service restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner and features delicious homecooking including the renowned smoked salmon chowder, halibut sandwich, hamburgers, nachos, quesadillas, and desserts. Our tackle store is stocked with fishing tackle and equipment, convenience items, and Alaska souvenirs. We can book your guides and excursions free of cost. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Gwin's Lodge and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gwins Hotel Cooper Landing
- Gwin's Lodge And Restaurant Cooper Landing, Alaska