“A view of the gas cylinders!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“A view of the gas cylinders!”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am beginning to get a complex that, wherever we go, we seem to get the worst view! In an outstandingly beautiful area we get a view of the gas cylinders!
The room itself was very good with a separate sitting room with log fire.The food was of average quality and did not compare with the food on the cruise. Princess cruises needs to look at the catering in the lodges as, coming after the cruise, it is a let down.

Room Tip: Ask not to overlook the gas cylinders!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My husband was fishing for the day, so I took myself to a wonderful lunch on the deck. I had the smoked salmon chowder and a wonderful salad. Both were delicious and the service was excellent. The view is amazing.
I did not stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband and I took a Princess Cruise and Tour to Alaska at the end of June, 2013. After disembarking the ship in Whittier, we were taken by motorcoach to the Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge. It is a beautiful property right along the Kenai river and nestled in the woods. The rooms are spread out from the main lodge. They have shuttle busses to take you from the main lodge to your room if needed. The rooms are just great with a very Parkitecture/lodge/cabin feeling. Your bedroom is separated by a half wall from the living room that also includes a small kitchen table. You have a wood burning fireplace in the living room and a patio facing the woods and mountains. They supply all you need to build a nice cozy fire. The property has several hot tubs. They also have a walking path along the Kenai river. Be advised that at times it is closed due to wildlife (yes, bears) sightings. There are 3 different viewing platforms on the path to view the river and surrounding area. The main lodge has two restaurants and a bar. The main lodge also has a deck area overlooking the river. Food in the more formal dining room is more expensive than the grill and bar restaurant. The food and service were very good. There is free Wi-Fi in the main lodge and they have 2 computers for guest's use during their stay. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A beautiful and relaxing place to stay while on the Kenai peninsula.

2 Thank patlv1
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I actually haven't stayed here. My husband and I own property nearby and we frequently visit the restaurant for a drink and appetizer on the deck (weather providing). The views are hard to beat as the lodge is atop a ridge overlooking the Russian River. We've been 3 times this season. The service has been exceptional especially by Kacee and the food is so good. We always order the calamari and when we stay for dinner, I can't hardly get past the Bison Chilli. My husband loves the specialty salad (forget the name) with candied pecans, pears, and he orders it with chicken. Other items are also good but these are our favorites after a hard day of fishing in the area. Although we haven't stayed there, I do understand the rooms are very nice and comfortable and the grounds are obviously beautiful.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent 3 nights here and thought it was beautiful and so relaxing!! It is a bit out of the way, so be sure to rent a car if you want to get out and about! We ate most of our meals there and the food and view were both amazing!! The rooms are so cozy! We loved the fireplaces in the room! We were with 2 other couples and every evening we would sit out on the patios with wine and just marvel at how peaceful and relaxing this place was!!! No hustle and bustle!! We took advantage of the day long raft trip and the all day fishing trip offered through them. Both were wonderful! The company they used that day was Alaska River Company! I would strongly recommend that company!! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank janehag
Twickenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me first be clear... I did not actually stay at the hotel. I tried making a reservation through the website thinking I was making a reservation at the Cooper Landing property. Unfortunately, I was actually directed to the website for their Glenn Allen location! Two days before our trip to Cooper Landing, I identified the problem. I called the customer service line and explained my situation. I was given a full refund. This type of customer service is the kind of thing that ensures customers come back. I will surely keep this hotel on my list of places to book some day.

I did visit the lodge during my stay in Cooper Landing and the setting is beautiful. One of my favorite things is the fact they have trails all the way down to the Kenai river and amazing views of the river from the balcony near the restaurant. We had lunch and brunch on two separate occasions at the restaurant and if the views don't get you, the food certainly will. I recommend a visit to this lodge even if you are not staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alliejay76
West Branch, Iowa, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed two nights on the land portion of our cruise. The hotel was wonderful. Our room was spacious with a wood burning stove. Tastefully decorated with everything that was needed for a wonderful stay. Restaurant was excellent as was the bar area which offered similar fare for less dollars. Service was excellent. The grounds were nice to walk in and the hike to the river was memorable but would have been better without the bugs but that is nothing the hotel could control.

Room Tip: I think all of their rooms except in the lodge are similar. Some are a longer walk to the main lodg...
1 Thank David S
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
The Alpine Motel
The Alpine Motel
#1 of 3 in Cooper Landing

Been to Kenai Princess Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!