“great location”
Review of Drifter's Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Drifter's Lodge
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This is a great place to spend a few days. Right by a large river, lovely natural fire for an enjoyable evening, comfy rooms, offers good help with what to see and do such as fishing. Laid back attitude but not laid back service.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have a river view, but nearer the river would be quieter
There are newer reviews for Drifter's Lodge

Reviewed July 28, 2012

I can't say enough about the amazing people at Drifters Lodge. The rooms and cabins are comfortable and clean as well as located in beautiful Cooper Landing Alaska!! These folks do it right...from the continental breakfast in the morning to the sauna to the campfire at night nothing is overlooked by Bob, Stephanie and the rest of the crew.
Did I mention that they also have the BEST fishing guides around??
If you want to get away from the rat race or do some fishing or any of the activities these guys have to offer I give them two huge thumbs up!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My wife and I did a 1/2 day guided fishing trip with Drifters Lodge on the Kenai River in early July. I booked the trip using my 2 for 1 toursaver coupon with Bob the owner and he was very friendly and informative about our trip.
Our guide Dan was absolutely fantastic! He called me the day before our trip to see what type of fishing experience we had and what type of fishing we were used to. I told him we both fish but were not experienced in fly fishing for trout. He said he would bring the spin tackle we were used to using and would also bring fly rods if we wanted to try fly fishing since this is the way people fish for Trout on the Kenai.
We arrived at the Lodge met Dan got our fishing licences and were off to put the boat in. Dan does everything from giving us good safety instruction to getting our tackle ready and teaching us an easy way to fly fish.
Dan is very knowledgeable and passionate about fishing. He is also very patient and a great teacher!.
My wife who has never fly fished caught the first of many fish (which by the way the biggest of the day) a 23" "Dolly Varden" Trout. We both caught many fish and would highly recommend Drifters Lodge and especially our guide Dan.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2012

We just got back from our Alaskan vacation to the Kenai Peninsula and spent 4 nights at Drifters Lodge. IT WAS PERFECT!!! From the very beginning stages of planning our trip, Bob was super helpful in every aspect. We were really excited about salmon fishing so he helped us book our full day King Salmon trip (which was TOTALLY awesome!!!). We were blessed to fish with Corey that day and caught 3 Kings with our 7 year old son!

Our cabin was the most comfortable accommodation we had in Alaska in that it was super spacious and had an upstairs bedroom, which was great for our little guy. The room comes with a t.v. and DVD player so we brought some of our favorite movies and watched them each night as we tried to get used to the long Alaskan summer hours of daylight (after the 1st night, we were used to it....probably just wiped out from all of the fun we were having all day long!). There was also a boxfan in our room which my perimenopausal self appreciated GREATLY (shriveling ovaries are no fun!), not that it was hot by any means but I like "air" on my face when I sleep. LOVED IT!

The heater worked wonders when we wanted it to - warmed us up in minutes! The included refrigerator and microwave was handy to have, too. We bought lots of snacks in Soldotna (they have a Safeway there) and just munched for breakfast and lunch. The beds were super comfy, there was plenty of hot water and the many windows allowed us to appreciate the magnificent views of the surrounding mountains and the mighty Kenai river! Awesome!

The lodge grounds were immaculate. They keep everything so clean! We really enjoyed the evening campfires, right next to the beautiful river. We got to meet some very nice people and share our fishing stories and Alaskan adventures. It was a perfect way to end each day.

We also used Drifters Lodge for our river rafting trip. We did the 3 hour and even though we were rained on the last 1/2, we had a blast (we were prepared with rain gear). John and Marisa, our guides, were a wealth of knowledge on the area and it's history/flowers/critters, etc. The water of the river is so pretty - it's ulike any river we've ever seen! Loved this trip!

We can't wait to book our next trip to Alaska and when we do, Drifters Lodge will the FIRST place we book with! Well done, Bob and company!! Thanks for such an awesome trip!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank flossboss
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Luckily we had a beautiful day. Sunny and warm! Trip was loads of fun and guides were excellent. Very customer friendly. Strongly recommend the 3 hour drift!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

My husband and I had a four night stay at the cabins and were overwhelmingly pleased! The cabins were more than sufficient and in great shape. Bob, the owner, was so very helpful in planning many details of our trip before we left Indiana. I was at a loss of how to make plans from so far away and he spent at least an hour over the span of a couple of days helping me with ideas, costs and companies to use. These cabins are great for an Alaskan getaway! Every cabin seemed to have a great view though they are all close together--the lodge design was perfectly suited. It's located in a very small town but within an hour drive of serveral other great towns!

Room Tip: Like I said, all cabins seemed to have a clear shot of the view--gorgeous mountains! I like cabins...
1  Thank TadandSandy
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Drifters was the perfect place for us to stay early September 2011. The team made us feel welcome and at home and provided great tips on where to go to see wildlife and days out. The accommodation is located on the Kenai with great views on the river from the living room. lodge's main living room. The fishing guide (Matty) knew his stuff and got us on to some great fishing. We'll be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Renfro's Lakeside Retreat
Inn at Tern Lake
Inn at Tern Lake
#1 of 3 in Moose Pass

Been to Drifter's Lodge? Share your experiences!