“Perfect day on the river with a great guide”

Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you’re looking for a fun filled Alaskan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. At Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun, we’ll share with you the experience of a lifetime. Like our name states, our goal is to provide the most enjoyable Alaskan fishing experience possible. We specialize in fly and spin fishing adventures on the Kenai, Kasilof, and Russian Rivers on the picturesque Kenai Peninsula. Whether you want to drift for monster Kenai Rainbow Trout aboard our spacious 20-ft Clackacraft driftboats, float the motor-less Kasilof for wild Alaskan King Salmon or Steelhead, hike-in to the world renowned Russian River, battle Sockeye/Coho Salmon, or fly-in to fish for majestic Arctic Grayling let our knowledgeable guides put together your next fishing adventure.
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We spent a day fishing for Sockeye and trout and we got some nice fishes. Our guide was very professional and made our day perfect. Great gear, great weather, great fishing!

1  Thank Doneri

Reviewed October 26, 2013

The Kenai was absolutely stunning, and Brad was an excellent guide, fun, knowledgeable, and also reasonable in his rates. Our two boys, ages 7 and 10, had a wonderful time. Although we weren't fishing for the Kings (out of season) we did see a huge one surface in front of us. It was a memorable day.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had two great days fishing with Brad in June 2013, one walk in for salmon on the Russian river, with plenty of salmon hooked and a few landed (they don't give in easily), great experience for a lad from Britain (not used to looking out for bears while fishing), also a day drifting on the Kenai river after rainbows and chard, really enjoyed this as its not something we can do in UK, great fishing, scenery and company, if I get back to Alaska will book Brad for a day or two.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I fished the Russian River in June 2013 with Brad from Fishing for Fun. He was so fun, friendly and organized. We caught fish, had a great time and all we had to do was show up. I had never fly-fished before and he was a great teacher. We would do this again if we're in Alaska.
Mary and Al
Plymouth, MN

Reviewed August 21, 2013

This is a one couple operation. I engaged Brad as a guide based on good tripadvisor reviews. I got a date when the sockeye ("red") fishing traditionally was at the peak. Brad was very good. I am a somewhat experienced fisherman, but not in the way it is done up here. There were four us fishing; Brad showed us how it was done, and throughout the half-day gave us pointers. He took us to good places where we would fish from the edge of the Kenai River. (To protect the streambanks, fishing is not done from the bank.)

Unfortunately, they extended the commercial netting season, and there were few fish in the river at that time as a result. I was the only one in our boat to catch a sockeye, but it was too far along (mushy) to keep. We tried several different areas along the Kenai, as did many other boats and guides. But it appeared that almost nobody was catching anything. I talked to Brad a few days later, and after the commercial netters stopped, the fish were running and people were getting their limits. I just had the wrong timing.

I cannot fault Brad for the lack of fish. He did what he could, and I had a great, if fishless, experience.