“Knowledgable and Friendly Guide”

Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: If you’re looking for a fun filled Alaskan adventure, you’ve come to the right place. At Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun, we’ll share with you the experience of a lifetime. Like our name states, our goal is to provide the most enjoyable Alaskan fishing experience possible. We specialize in fly and spin fishing adventures on the Kenai, Kasilof, and Russian Rivers on the picturesque Kenai Peninsula. Whether you want to drift for monster Kenai Rainbow Trout aboard our spacious 20-ft Clackacraft driftboats, float the motor-less Kasilof for wild Alaskan King Salmon or Steelhead, hike-in to the world renowned Russian River, battle Sockeye/Coho Salmon, or fly-in to fish for majestic Arctic Grayling let our knowledgeable guides put together your next fishing adventure.
Anchorage, Alaska
“Knowledgable and Friendly Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had a wonderful fishing trip that was full of trout and relaxation on the Kenai River. Despite the poor water conditions, Brad worked hard and made sure that we caught plenty of fish. He did a great job instructing two ladies with moderate fly fishing experience. His easy going nature makes it easy to relax, follow instructions and feel like a fishing pro.

West Lafayette, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great day on the Kenai”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We took a float trip last July with Brad on the beautiful Kenai River and a fantastic time. Brad is just the kind of guy you want as a guide; professional, knowledgeable and friendly. Hey, he’s also a Steeler’s fan and it can’t get any better than that. He worked hard to put is on fish all day and he has a large drift boat that made fishing easy and comfortable. The Kenai is a big river but Brad knows it well and seemed to find fish consistently. We put in at the bridge (which is a stone’s throw from our meeting location) and began fishing the lake above the bridge and then worked our way downstream from there. The scenery was spectacular and Brad’s knowledge of the area made the trip even better. We had just a terrific day on the water with Brad and I can’t wait to go with fishing with him again. It was just an all-around awesome day.

1 Thank Jim W
Deptford, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“"FIRST CLASS FISHING GUIDE"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came to Alaska for vacation in July 2012. Since my wife always does a good job booking our fishing trips, I left it to her to book us a few on the Kenai. Not knowing any guides but one from a prior trip to Cooper landing, she resorted to the internet and found Alaska Kenai Fishing for Fun. Although our timing was not the best for fishing, our guide was the best! We came to fish for Kings and due to high water levels the Kenai was closed for Kings. We opted to go fishing with Brad on the Skilak Lake. Not only did I catch a beautiful 28" Rainbow, I made a great friend that day! Brad is as passionate about fishing as I am and I enjoyed his fishing advice for Alaska as well as his conversation. My wife and I were sad to go home on that last day. We stopped by to say goodbye to our new friend and she took a picture of us for memories. You won't be disappointed in your trip with Brad. And if you happen to go to Skilak lake tell Brad to show you the spot where all the eagles are, that we named Eagles Point! Although we live on the East Coast we plan to go back in 2014 to visit Brad and vacation in Alaska.

1 Thank mardarsweeney
Mount Sidney, Virginia, United States
“Unforgettable Fishing Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

The best guided trip I have ever been on. Enough said. My wife and I fished with AKFFF on the Kenai River on two separate trips. The first was for Rainbows and Dolly's. My wife and I both caught big Bow's upwards of 20" and some nice Dollys as well. The scenery was amazing, we saw 8 brown bear numerous bald eagles, and one black bear . We also caught a few sockeye salmon. Brad is incredibly knowledgeable, has great gear, and has excellent boat control. He will put you on fish. The second trip was strictly for Sockeye and we caught so many fish we lost track. At one point my wife and I were battling fish at the same time and Brad was filleting as fast as he could, but couldn't keep up! We ended up netting our own fish and almost missing our flight. We just couldn't tear ourselves away from the river. Take this trip!!

Anchorage, Alaska
“Number 1”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

I live locally and fish the kenai 2-4 times per month during the summer and still make sure to book a day or two with brad. He always makes for the best trips of the season. this man knows where the fish are and how to catch them, on top of that he is just a great guy and makes it a great time. I truly feel like I am fishing on an old buddies boat rather than with a guide when i am out with him. Like I said, i spend a lot of time on the upper kenai, I know the locals and the competition Brad is the only guide I would recommend if you truly want to enjoy all that the kenai has to offer!

Visited September 2012