“Great place to stay!”

Alaska Rivers Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering guided Rafting and Fishing and River Front Cabin rentals on the Upper Kenai since 1974. Conveniently located 1 1/2 hour drive from Anchorage. All ages welcome. Several departures daily. Now offering Stand Up Paddle Boarding on Kenai Lake! Join us!
Michigan
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

We just spent a lovely, relaxing three days in the old cabin. It is a very comfortable, well-appointed cabin. Lots of dishes, firewood, friendly dogs, etc. We were not "in season", so it was nice and quiet - just what we were looking for!

Cooper Landing is a great little town. If you're not into fishing, the local hiking is amazing. Thanks for all the tips! The husband/wife managers were wonderful and really care for the place. We highly recommend this location and wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank shrkchsr

Mt. Vernon
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“THE place to go if you want to catch fish and enjoy the scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

My brother and his brother-in-law and I went to Alaska for a week of fishing in July. We love to fish and the local we stayed with highly recommended this place. The service was excellent and folksy. The guide put us on salmon, and we quickly caught our limit then we caught and released trout. We were not fly fish rod experts but the equipment they provided was top notch and we were quickly able to pickup the technique. We thought the price was fair and do not hesitate to recommend this company....book your trip now! I hope to go back soon.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank AnnMt_Vernon
“Family Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a cabin on the river that was cozy after a long day of fishing on the beautiful Kenai river. Our guide was accomadating and enjoyable to hang out with for a full day, our kids even had a lot of fun. It was afforable for our family. Loved the fresh baked cookies! We're hooked and will keep returning to Alaska Rivers Company for years to come!! Thanks EVERYONE for making this such wonderful trip!

Visited August 2012
“OVER THE TOP SERVICE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I'm a 47 year resident of this great state of Alaska, and for the last 10 years I have chartered for both fishing and raft float trips with the Alaska Rivers Company.

The first thing the traveler to our state should consider when booking any rivers activities while on vacation is how much gear must you lug with you. Simple, the answer is 'none'. ARC provides it all! That in of itself makes planning a day on the water an easy decision.

Plainly stated, I'm the type of person that when I book any sort of excursion I expect great service, and friendly and knowledgeable staff. Never once in the 10 years that I have been going with ARC have they ever fallen down in either area.

The office staff goes out of their way to make sure you get the trip you want, the day you want and even the guide you want if it is at all possible.

When they tell me John the river is too high, or the fishing is still a bit slow or weather wise it isn't safe to be on the river that is good enough for me.

I've taken my son with me, several friends with me and never have I heard anything but the best of comments on their experiences.

So take it from me call 1-800-595-1226 when you want that Alaska experience you will talk about for a long time.

And feel free to email if you have anyquestions. jgomes@gci.net

Visited June 2012
1 Thank John99507
“Consistent Success”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I have been a customer of these great folks since 2007. Both fishing and float trips I have never had a bad experience. Our guide Eric is excellent in his knowledge of the river. From his skill of navigating it to knowing where the fish are, he can't be beat.

You arrive, fill out a few pieces of paperwork then gather your gear they provide. Waders, rain gear and poles and tackle. Heck they even make you lunch that you eat after pulling over for a break & stretch.

I was born and raised here and have done plenty of fishing in my 40 years from one end of the state to the other.. So take it from me, book a trip with these folks the first chance you get.

J.A.. Gomes