“Good view and very good food”

Kingfisher Roadhouse
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Kingfisher Roadhouse specializes in local Alaskan fish and seafood. In addition we offer burgers, salads, and an assortment of other culinary delights. We strive to source our food and drink from local business' whenever possible.
Portland, Oregon
“Good view and very good food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were in Cooper Landing on our anniversary and wanted someplace nice. The Kingfisher Roadhouse gave it to us. We opted for an unusual approach (for us) to dinner in having an appetizer and a modest entree. My wife had a salmon appetizer and a then a salmon pot pie; salmon is her favorite meat food. I had kobe beef sliders as an appetizer and a chicken pot pie. Everything was excellent and we enjoyed a beautiful window view of Kenai Lake and the mountains. The wine selection was very good. It was a bit pricey, but not unusual for a nice place in Alaska. I highly recommend this place.

Visited August 2013

York, Pennsylvania
“Excellent Food, nice view of Kenai River, excellent service n atmosphere”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My son had the best filet ever and my mother's pork belly was excellent. I had curry chicken pot pie which was unusual but ok. I tried their dinners and plan to go back for more.
Chocolate cake was excellent.
I have been surprising pleased with food in Alaska, prior to coming here I read not to expect to have very good food but we have.

• Visited August 2013
Grapevine, Texas
“Hmmmmm”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here on August 14 based on descriptions of a "seafood restaurant". I guess they were out of all but salmon because that was all the seafood we could find on the menu. We ordered salmon, appetizers, burgers, and desserts. Everything was good but not great and not in big quantities as mentioned in other reviews. So it's a good place to eat if you eat in small portions . The view is indeed very nice!!

Visited August 2013
Texas
“The best salmon and halibut we had during our stay”
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We came here to have dinner on the suggestion of the inn keeper where we are staying at tern lake . He highly recommended it. The salmon was the best I had my whole weeks stay in Alaska . My husband said the same thing about his halibut . The views were wonderful . We highly recommend this place . The only negative I could give is the service was slow and our waitress was more interested in giving the tables of fisherman their food quickly and she was interested in their tips it appeared . We actually ordered the same meal and 3 other tables got their food . That is the only negative

• Visited August 2013
Boone, North Carolina
“Allow plenty of time”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The food was great but I think they are understaffed greatly. The food is delicious and if you are in a pinch and need to find something to eat like I was, this will hit the spot. :) The views from the restaurant are incredible and the local ingredients will make you feel better about your purchase.

• Visited July 2013