“Hidden Treasure!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooper Landing
Alaska Heavenly Lodge
Reviewed August 2, 2014

We could not have asked for a better experience while fishing the Kenai! Beautiful grounds, very well kept rooms and Brian and Katy were exceptionally gracious and accommodating. Would highly recommend a visit to Heavenly Lodge to anybody passing through this area.

Room Tip: Be sure to let Brian and Katy arrange all of your fishing needs for a trip(s) on the Kenai!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed July 31, 2014

We were a party of 10 people, two families, six of us from New Zealand and four from Washington DC. What a fantastic time we had with Brian and Katy and their wonderful housekeeper Sally.
We stayed in the lodge which accommodated our big group, that included several teenagers, with no trouble. It was immaculately clean and comfortable. Brian and Katy, and Sally all went the extra mile to make sure our stay was what we'd hoped for and more. Lots of advice on places to visit, helped us book our float and fish trip, told us about walks to do and gave us, what turned out to be very useful advice on what to do if we encountered bears out on our adventures. Highly recommend Alaska Heavenly Lodge and Cooper Landing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My teenage son Eddie and I were guests of friends and although I have lived in Anchorage for over 30 years I had never been to Alaska Heavenly Lodge. What a fabulous location for doing everything on the river, or just kick back in the hot tub and enjoy the view! We had a great time and played pool one night until 1 in the morning in the game room. We slept great and the accommodations are beautiful. My son left his wallet in his room and we were called immediately to be informed that it would be mailed out to us the next day for no charge. Great service!! We will be back. Jack and Eddie Lewis

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Like other reviewers have said...the only problem with our stay at the Alaska Heavenly Lodge was that we wished we could have stayed longer! We had a group of 8 (two families of four) and enjoyed our stay in the spacious Mount Cecil Lodge. The grounds are beautiful and the hot tub and pool table in the common areas were a big hit with both the teenagers and parents! Katy's float trip recommendation was appreciated and the housekeeping staff (Sarah?) was also very friendly and full of helpful tips for exploring the area. While it does not directly overlook the water, the view is still beautiful. What a peaceful place to lay your head when visiting the Cooper Landing area. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I'm giving a big thumbs up to this lodge even though we didn't stay here.
Once we arrived, we realized it was a shared cabin with no temperature control in our small room, couldn't see the fishing river, had no views and not what we wanted.

When most hosts would have balked, blathered and bothered about our discomfort, Kate was not just awesome, but phenomenal! She immediately cancelled us, understood and got on the phone to find us the perfect place. I think we got very lucky to be on the river at the Alaska Troutfitters Cabins and Fly Shop.

Though we would have tried to make do at Heavenly, we are so grateful to Kate.
If these things are not important to you, I say Go For It! The grounds are fabulous. I'm sure the food is, too. The hosts can't get better than this anywhere.

Maybe it's just a Cooper Landing "Thing" but we had a great time once Kate got us sorted out.
You''ll enjoy her lodge!

Room Tip: Ask a lot of questions. Be sure it's the comfort level you like, privacy, and location. But it w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Wonderful accommodation for our 5 member family in Cecil cabin. We only wish we could have stayed longer. We used this as a stop on the way to Homer. Very quiet serene setting, yet minutes from civilization. . Given our experience, I would trust all that Katy recommends. She was perfectly on point, steering us to great restaurant grill on our first night and fishing charter led by John. He was the bomb. Heavenly beds and blackout shades, important after all that Alaskan light. We would highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I came here with my parents for a single night. It was short but it was a wonderful time. Our cottage (Mt Cecile) had a nice common area with tables for you to eat on. The rooms were generously large with very comfortable beds. We were going to soak in the hot tub late at night but it was covered and it was right outside someone's room/common area. We decided to retreat back to our room. I would definitely recommend Heavenly Lodge to my friends and would love to come back. My only complaint would be that when we arrived, there was a sign on the door asking us to call (not to knock) b/c the baby is asleep. Unfortunately, my cell phone didn't work in the area and I had no way of contacting them. Luckily someone came out eventually, but otherwise I would have had to knock.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Alaska Heavenly Lodge? Share your experiences!