“Well informed hospitable guide service and lodging”

Alaska River Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With 40 years guiding in Alaska, we’ve guided thousands to Alaska's best spots... a few at a time.Rare permits let us fish in the National Wildlife Refuge where the best fishing and wildlife viewing is found. All of our guides are well seasoned old pros and we provide top quality equipment. Choose from lots of options – everything from half day fishing to week long all inclusive lodge packages and Wilderness River Expeditions.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 5, 2011

It was our first and probably only trip to Alaska so we wanted it to be memorable and the guides did there best to find the fish and help us with our inexperience fishing for salmon.
We had Gary and Jarod, each one day, but all the guides work together to assure the clients have the best expereince possible. I would recommend them to anyone interested in trying a trip to Alaska with fishing as one of their goals. The food at the lodge was excellent to say the least, and the staff very freindly and helpful.

2  Thank mmgood12
in 3 reviews
"picnic lunch"
"went the extra mile"

Reviewed February 10, 2010

The five of us cousins, 4 from Michigan and 1 Alaskan, took the 3 hr scenic float on the Upper Kenai River on July 31st. It was a great time!! It started out kind of a rainy mist, but that only lasted a little while. Cody was our guide and he was great! Very personable and very informative. We saw a ton of eagles, and I was fortunate to capture a picture with 2 of them flying thru a rainbow. We also saw, or shall I say, Cody saw a brown way back behind us on the side of the bank so I turned around and started snapping pictures even though I wasn't real sure where it was, but when our trip was over I checked my camera and had a pretty decent picture of the back side of the brown with a gull next to him. One thing we all said was that we wished we would have worn a thicker pair of socks cuz our feet got a little chilled in the rubber boots once water was in the bottom of the raft. We also suggested to Cody that cocktails would have been great & told him that we'd suggest to his boss that he get a raise! I would definately recommend this trip to anyone. It's an easy going trip for all and for a great price. I would definately go again! Theresa S. from Michigan

3  Thank TWEET11
Reviewed February 9, 2010

It was always a dream of mine to fish in Alaska, and Alaska River Adventures made it come true. Tons of fish, excellent guides and a pure sense of conservation and keeping the river strong. Not to mention that having Gary in my photos added a true sense of being in the last frontier! Tight Lines-Bruce Ireland; San Diego, CA.

2  Thank Irelandrbi
Reviewed July 9, 2009

A pleasure to find them in this site, we were fortunate to practically bump into them about 14 years ago, and we have used them with multiple members of the family and friends with consistent friendliness and excellent services, not only fishing at the Kenai-Russian and the Kassilof, but also river rafting. The experience and friendliness of Gary and George are unequaled. No doubts in highly recommending them.

2  Thank Homerlodger