“ Best Excursion I've had in a long time”

Alaska River Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With 40 years guiding in Alaska, we’ve guided thousands to Alaska's best spots... a few at a time.Rare permits let us fish in the National Wildlife Refuge where the best fishing and wildlife viewing is found. All of our guides are well seasoned old pros and we provide top quality equipment. Choose from lots of options – everything from half day fishing to week long all inclusive lodge packages and Wilderness River Expeditions.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 21, 2016 via mobile

We took a flight with Alaska river adventures my daughter and I when Alaska to check out where she was born and where he had lived for years... We call the day before very cordial very upfront about everything that was going to happen we know exactly where to be and what was going on when we arrived at the time we were supposed to we were greeted by very friendly wonderful well versed people in the area we did an upper Kenai float which was fantabulous after being seated and everything we would need from rubber boots 2 Helly Hansen bottoms and tops rain suit and a comfortable life jacket we headed to the river got into a really nice raft and floated Downstream four hours the great knowledge of our guide as well as the absolutely beautiful scenery and the great boating skills that he had made our trip absolutely super..... If we make it back to Alaska again in the near future we will definitely see Alaska river adventures they have everything from gold panning two fishing to just floating and who knows what else but if you're looking for a really good time on the Kenai River or in the area I would check them out first they're right at the boat ramp just yards from the river I would like to personally thank them for the great time that they gave my daughter and I while in Alaska that we will never forget.......

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

First of all, tried to make us wear rain pants- not raining- only going for 3 hour scenic tour. This should be up to the customer to decide if they wear them or not- we didn't wear them (The guide didn't wear them either). Then the raft was flat on one side so we were delayed about 30 minutes waiting on another one to be brought. There were way too many people in the raft at first- finally dropped all but 4 of us off for a panning tour. Staff not very friendly at first but did get a little better toward the end of tour. Next time we will go with another company. We loved everything about our first trip to Alaska except this experience.

Reviewed June 12, 2016

My wife and I took the full day canyon river raft trip. We are both in our sixties and my wife was apprehensive at the beginning of our trip. We both had a wonderful time and the river conditions were very mild and immediately put my wife's fears to rest. Our guide Scott was very knowledgeable and a great person to spend the day on the water with. The scenario throughout was beyond description and the company on the raft was great. When we reached the lake prior to our hike out, we had a simple homemade sandwich lunch that had been prepared for us. It is often said that the meals we remember our notable for the food, the company we kept during the meal or the location we ate at. I had the best,most tasty, bag of Fritos every courtesy of Scott and Alaska River Adventures.

1  Thank DACJH
Reviewed June 9, 2016

Had a great time today, great service and friendly people. There were ten of us including 3 children and four teens. Ryan was an excellent guide. We had stopped somewhere else first but decided to give Alaska River Adventures a try since there was a 3 hr wait at the other place and to our surprise we were helped as soon as we got there, no wait time, lower prices and excellent service. We moved to the Kenai peninsula six months ago and will definitely be coming here again and again to bring our friends rafting. Thanks guys<3

See more reviews
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Rafting down the Kenai at Cooper Landing is one of the must do things if you visit Alaska. The team at Alaska River Adventers were very professional knew there business and would go the extra yard to make it a very enjoyable experience. My wife and I were lucky enough to have Scotty as our guide and one of the other guides Lukas jumped in for the ride both the boy were heaps of fun. We saw plenty of wildlife and the senery was unblievable. This company starts its rafting up at the Cooper Landing bridge which give it the Longest trip down the river through some fun rapids, we only had time for the 3hr trip doing late in the afternoon I will go back next time and do the longer trip. Very good value.