“Friendliest most helpful and knowlagable guides on the river.”

Alaska River Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With 40 years guiding in Alaska, we’ve guided thousands to Alaska's best spots... a few at a time.Rare permits let us fish in the National Wildlife Refuge where the best fishing and wildlife viewing is found. All of our guides are well seasoned old pros and we provide top quality equipment. Choose from lots of options – everything from half day fishing to week long all inclusive lodge packages and Wilderness River Expeditions.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Rafting down the Kenai at Cooper Landing is one of the must do things if you visit Alaska. The team at Alaska River Adventers were very professional knew there business and would go the extra yard to make it a very enjoyable experience. My wife and I were lucky enough to have Scotty as our guide and one of the other guides Lukas jumped in for the ride both the boy were heaps of fun. We saw plenty of wildlife and the senery was unblievable. This company starts its rafting up at the Cooper Landing bridge which give it the Longest trip down the river through some fun rapids, we only had time for the 3hr trip doing late in the afternoon I will go back next time and do the longer trip. Very good value.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"lots of fun"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed June 3, 2016 via mobile

I did the short rafting trip with Alaska River Adventures. I'm definitely coming back to do the whole day trip. Our guide , Scotty, was terrific! At the beginning he said to the group:" Just relax and enjoy, I'll take care of everything" . And he sure did. With a good amount of knowledge of Kenai, stories and great sense of humor he made the trip both interesting and fun. He was an awesome guide to have! The views were spectacular and the color of the river will make you feel speechless.
High level of organization. All guys who work there were very attentive and hospitable
P.S. Bring a camera with you to take some great shots of wild life :)

Reviewed October 15, 2015

I'm a little late with this review but we fished with Alaska River Adventures two years in a row. Last year (2014) was one of those days a Fisherman dreams about. Incredible Salmon fishing, a Bear sighting and a knowledgeable, friendly, attentive guide. It doesn't get much better than that!
This year the weather was not as cooperative but the guide certainly was. It was difficult to stay on fish but Lucas did as good a job as possible under the conditions and everybody caught some very nice fish from Salmon to Rainbows to Dolly's! You will not find a more dedicated Guide Service on the Kenai.

Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

Took a four-hour fishing sight-seeing trip with Alaska River Adventures. Best day with my family! Weather was snowy and cold in the morning but not an issue after putting on waders -- supplied by the outfitter. Scenery was incredible. Our guide was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Our safety was important to him, and his respect for the environment (and its resident creatures) very much appreciated. We lost track of how many fish we caught and released, and are already discussing a return trip. We would go with these folks any day.