“Best Guides on the Kenai!!!”

Alaska River Adventures - Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With 40 years guiding in Alaska, we’ve guided thousands to Alaska's best spots... a few at a time.Rare permits let us fish in the National Wildlife Refuge where the best fishing and wildlife viewing is found. All of our guides are well seasoned old pros and we provide top quality equipment. Choose from lots of options – everything from half day fishing to week long all inclusive lodge packages and Wilderness River Expeditions.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Reviewed October 15, 2015

I'm a little late with this review but we fished with Alaska River Adventures two years in a row. Last year (2014) was one of those days a Fisherman dreams about. Incredible Salmon fishing, a Bear sighting and a knowledgeable, friendly, attentive guide. It doesn't get much better than that!
This year the weather was not as cooperative but the guide certainly was. It was difficult to stay on fish but Lucas did as good a job as possible under the conditions and everybody caught some very nice fish from Salmon to Rainbows to Dolly's! You will not find a more dedicated Guide Service on the Kenai.

Date of experience: July 2015
"great guide"
in 11 reviews
"white water"
in 3 reviews
"highly recommend this company"
in 5 reviews
"bring home"

Reviewed September 30, 2015 via mobile

Took a four-hour fishing sight-seeing trip with Alaska River Adventures. Best day with my family! Weather was snowy and cold in the morning but not an issue after putting on waders -- supplied by the outfitter. Scenery was incredible. Our guide was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful. Our safety was important to him, and his respect for the environment (and its resident creatures) very much appreciated. We lost track of how many fish we caught and released, and are already discussing a return trip. We would go with these folks any day.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed September 24, 2015

George runs a tight ship and has the best guides on the Kenai River. Having been out with this service many times I can tell you that can expect the best fishing experience you've ever had. in 2014 my wife and I fished with Gary McFadden. He put us on the fish all day and we had a ball. Try these guys, you won't be sorry.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We went for an all day trip with another couple, had a great time, lots of fun and fish to boot. Thanks.

Date of experience: September 2015
See more reviews
Reviewed September 6, 2015

I made all trip arrangements with the Alaska River Adventures. I went solo and there where no problems to accommodate me and no extra charge for double occupancy like the other guide services there. They also honored ten percent off for bring retired military. I did the 5 day 6 nights salmon, fly out silver and trophy trout on the Beautiful Kenai River and Silver Salmon Creek ! This was all inclusive lodging with meals at the fabulous Eagle Landing Resort. Mitzy is the master chief, all meals where excellent ! The guides where excellent with all rods, tackle and boat at the ready. Lucas was my number one guide,"He just has that fishing knowledge and knows how to locate the big ones". The rest of staff at Alaska River Adventures were all friendly and easy to talk with. I give them Five Stars for there service and Adventures !

Date of experience: August 2015