“Our little taste of Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aitutaki Village

Aitutaki Village
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Aitutaki
Robina, Australia
“Our little taste of Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Many thanks to Thomas and Elaine at the Samade on the Beach Resort. you looked after us so well. Accommodation was great....very comfy bed, fluffy towels, air conditioned with a ceiling fan....we were in Paradise. We were warmly welcomed and made to feel at home. The setting of this resort is wonderful (I miss it very much....having my cocktail and watching the sun set over the beautiful lagoon).
Food was amazing, well presented, and served by your lovely staff who made us feel like they wanted us there, like family!
This is not a 5 * resort but it is definately 5 * quality and would recommend you to anyone who wants to experience Aitutaki and its hospitality.....well done and many thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sonia w
SamadeBeach, Owner at Aitutaki Village, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Kia Orana Sonia,

It was indeed a pleasure having you here for your holiday and we are delighted that you had a great time and wonderful experiences of Aitutaki. Thank you for your positive comments....I have passed these on to the Samade Team….and they all send their fondest regards to you.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you back to Samade at some time in the future.

Cheers…..
THOMAS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

I spent 5 nights at Samade and was very pleased. Service, views and food was all such a great experience. Having a cold beer outside and seeing all that lagoon was unforgettable experience.

Will be there again soon!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matej78
Kia Orana,
Many thanks for your positive review which I have shared with the Samade Team. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had great experiences if Aitutaki.
We look forward to welcoming you back to 'heaven on earth'.
Meitaki Atupaka....Best Regards.....
THOMAS.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

Wonderful stay, with friendly staff. and great Food cooked by the owner Tomas. The local people were always, pleasant and happy to chat. The sea was so warm to swim in and very clear and clean. Snorkelling areas were easy to access, but the best spots were on the lagoon cruises.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Lovely hosts and fantastic food. Sweet bungalows all beside the world's best Lagoon.Heaven on Earth.
This is Polynesian Hospitality at its best and the food was much better than expected. We felt so very warmly welcomed and enjoyed loved our stay.

Room Tip: Small place so I imagine that all the rooms are pretty quiet and private-
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have just returned from Aitutaki and had the most wonderful time.
We were met by Elaine at the airport for the five minute drive to the resort. Don't be put off that this resort is so close to the airport.
The accommodation is not the best and is somewhat tired and dated but what it lacks in luxury is more than made up by the location and the staff.
The resort is under new management and at the time we stayed a new floor was being put down in the bar and Thomas, the owner, was very apologetic that we had to have our meals out on the beach under the palm trees for one day. Oh dear what a shame!!! Absolutely not, people pay a fortune to do this and we did suggest that he continue to do so but he was not convinced!
The breakfast of beautiful fresh fruit, pancakes and toast was more than adequate.
The menu did not have much choice but what we had was delicious though if you stayed for more than three nights you would be bored with it.
The bbq night was a disappointment as it was not a bbq and all cooked in the kitchen but still good just not what we expected for a bbq and there was no entertainment.
The location is really beautiful and we thought the best on the island. The lagoon is calm and lovely to swim in with lots of fish to be seen.
We did the lagoon cruise with Bishops and I could not speak highly enough of this wonderful day, one of the best days of my life. I thought the Great Barrier Reef was good but this was so much better, Warm, calm water, so many fish, huge calms, turtles and feeding the huge trevally - George with the big lips.
As it was Christmas holiday time all the cars were rented out to locals and so our only option if we wanted to see the island was a moped hired from the Boat Shed down the road. My husband has not been on a motorbike for more than 40 years and after a wobbly start we really enjoyed our day and saw all the island. I would suggest booking a car before you get there if you go at peak times.
A really wonderful stay with some of the friendliest people I have ever met.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Norma T
Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

My partner and I recently took our first trip to the Cook Islands before his Australian visa expired as he had seen Aitutaki on a Swedish(go figure) travel show when he was younger and it had been a dream of his ever since to visit this island.
We looked at a range of accommodation for Aitutaki and ended up choosing Samade on the Beach as it was much more affordable then most on the island and had apparently a great location and to say the least we were not disappointed!!
The huts we stayed in were clean, spacious, the location was infact absoulutly beautiful - waking up every morning to that view of the lagoon was magnificent, Thomas and his staff were so friendly and helpful and went right out of they're way for any requests! When I arrived I asked one of the ladies if they did any cocktails in coconuts as I had been looking all over Rarotonga for one, (typical tourist in the South Pacific) he replied they don't, but she said leave it with her, she'll arrange it and get one made just for me. Small things like this really make a great difference with service and it was excellent to see the staff at Samade go out of their way for you.
The buffet breakfast was great every morning, do not miss out on the passion fruit pancakes, they were so delicious!
We also took the Bishops lagoon cruise that Samade organised for us, which was perhaps the best day we had on the island. The staff were halerious, friendly and great entertainment. Took us to some amazing snorkel sites (which I actually preferred to the Great Barrier Reef which I did earlier this year) and got to swim with the Giant Trevelli Fish! (100% must do!!!! Amazing experience) Lunch on One Foot Island was hearty, plentiful and delicious.
Overall I 100% recommend Samade on the Beach and was overjoyed by our random choice of accommodation. Thank you from the bottom of my heart Thomas and all his staff for making our experience one of the best international travel trips I have taken so far, I hope to return someday!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank jasminekenyon
Narrabri, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

It had been 12 long years since I had been home and this time I took my husband. Instantly I knew that he had to witness the beauty of our island from the best spot possible, and Samade was it! The rooms are very clean, comfortable, with air conditioning, kitchenette, hot water and King size bedding.
The staff are second to none, they really do make you feel like you have come home. We stayed here for two weeks, which wasn't long enough in our view. The location has and always will be amazing! It is the best swimming beach on the island, with snorkelling spots all within an easy distance, you can either walk along the sandbars around to the marine reserve at Akitua, or hire a scooter and head for the end of the runway which has awesome snorkelling.
They are currently renovating, but it in no way interrupts your holiday, it is a necessity that the new owners are undertaking to make this place even more special and when it is done you will value this place even more.
So to Thomas, Teina and all the staff, you know who you are, from my husband and I, we wish you all the very best and thank you for making our holiday and my husbands first visit home an amazing one.
Kia Orana e Kia Manuia