We decided spare of the moment to go to Aitutaki for a short break to escape New Zealands cold weather. We flew Air New Zealand to Rarotonga and arrived in time to fly straight out to the Island. I personally like not having to waste a night either side in Rarotonga. The extra 2 nights is bliss. Had previously stayed at Pacific Resort, but decided to try Aitutaki Lagoon Resort for a change. We were nativlely greeted which was lovely, and received a surprise upgrade to Lagoon Side. The rooms were beautifully decorated, however, I felt a little darker than the cheaper rooms. The Staff were fabulous and very helpful and polite. We hired a scooter from a lady just at the entrance to the resort and she was fantastic to deal with. We had drinks and dinner at a couple of places outside the resort, TePunas, being one of, if not the best Restaurant on Aitutaki. Bookings are essential there. The food is exquisite and all cooked by TePuna herself.
If you get the chance its very much worth the visit. The week at this resort, was just beautiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island, adults only resort in the Cook Islands. It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics - the Overwater Bungalow. And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort Spa
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki