Stayed from 28th September - 01 October 2011
My partner Ben and I stayed 3 nights to celebrate our family's wedding at the amazing Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa. We do not understand how there could be bad comments about such an incredible place! Yes the accommodation is not the 'four season's' but why would you want to travel to one of the best locations on this planet to spend your time in a fancy hotel room? We originally booked and paid for a 'Garden Bungalow' but we were surprised to be upgraded for free on arrival to the new 'Premium Beachfront Bungalow' with an outdoor shower. The bungalow was very spacious and clean and the outdoor shower was divine. We had an amazing view of the lagoon from our balcony and comfy King size bed. We arrived at night time so waking up to our first morning in Aitutaki to a brilliant Aqua colored lagoon was simply breath taking!
Although a little overpriced, we were very happy with the quality of the food, cocktails and service from both of the restaurants located at the resort. The staff were always so friendly and helpful. We did not have the time to explore other islands and use the complimentary snorkel and canoeing equipment as we were busy preparing and celebrating a wedding, but the time we did have to relax and enjoy Aitutaki was so amazing! Very peaceful and quiet!
Being our first trip over seas, the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa have made it hard for us to want to stay anywhere else. Trying to explain to our friends and family about how amazing Aitutaki is, well its impossible! We highly recommend the location and resort to anyone who is wishing to get away from their busy everyday life to a very quiet slice of paradise. It truly is a magical place. We will be back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The only private island, adults only resort in the Cook Islands. It is the only Cook Islands resort to offer that invention of incurable romantics - the Overwater Bungalow. And it is the only resort on Aitutaki with a truly Polynesian flavour, so you can truly savour what the South Pacific is famous for. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort And Spa
- Aitutaki Lagoon Hotel Aitutaki
- Aitutaki Lagoon Resort Spa
- Lagoon Resort Aitutaki