“Best honeymoon destination you could ask for!”

Pacific Resort Aitutaki
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Aitutaki
Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Wow! What a place! The Pacific
Resort Aitutaki is a slice of paradise in the cook islands. It's definitely the flashest resort in aitutaki and very worth the price. The staff are fabulous and the island night was a must. The room we stayed in was a suite and it went above and beyond what we ever could have imagined. We have stayed in many places and without a doubt this topped them all! Facilities are great and we enjoyed nothing more than laxing by the inifinity pool and sipping on the most delightful cocktails. The lagoon is amazing, so clear and a big step up from rarotongas waters. We went on Kia Orana cruise which the resort recommended and this blew us away. Thanks pacific resort for the perfect honeymoon. Would highly recommend to all.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Samanthalochhead

Reviewed May 19, 2012

This resort is beautiful in many ways. From our first friendly contact at the airport with our Lei, to our welcome drinking coconut at the resort while we were informed about the resort and it's facilities, all while our bags were taken to our Villa.
We had Villa 103 and were very happy with it, but as far as I could tell every Villa had a great position along the beach, each with it's own sun loungers. The rooms were comfortable, traditional style with wonderful views. The gardens were beautiful and well maintained. The only negative thing I will say about the Villa is that it tended to be very dark and was frustrating at times. Everyday we would have fresh water delivered and in the evening a special little baked treat was left to enjoy, a lovely touch.
We had breakfast included which was enjoyable, the views from the restaurant are amazing and a wonderful way to start the day. The service was always friendly & professional and we never had to ask for anything. We also had dinner at the resort every night and had the most beautiful meals, infact we were a little surprised as to the level of quality. The cocktails on the other hand were very hit and miss. I couldn't drink one because it tasted like rocket fuel, and then I had another (just a simple mohito) which was so unbelievably sweet that I had to take it back the bar to have some lime juice added. Even then is was too sweet (and I have a sweet tooth!). The woman making the cocktails said she had never made one before and apologised. From what I could tell she was using lime cordial instead of fresh lime juice? Not her fault, but didn't help me. I stuck to wine after that, no big deal but I do enjoy a good cocktail!
Would defiantly recommend hiring a scooter which we did for most of our stay and we had so much fun. We visited the Aitutaki Lagoon resort a few times for lunch and a few drinks. The rooms looked dated and in need of a refurb, but the position of the resort was spectacular and well worth a visit. The beach at the Pacific wasn't as beautiful (which was a little disappointing) but we were glad we made the decision to stay there. And besides with a scooter you can visit the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort anytime you want.
We took a day trip out to "One Foot Island" (don't forget your passports!) with Bishops tours and it was a day we will never forget. Stunning picture postcard beautiful place, beautiful people, yummy lunch. A must, must do!!!!!
All in all, we had a fantastic stay, one we will dream about for many years to come.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong! All the villa's are dotted along the beach.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Don't have a complaint. The resort is well appointed and tropically lush. The lagoon is perfect for snorkeling. You must experience the motor scooters. The accommodation is comfortable and quiet. The restaurant has the best view ever, plus the food is great. The beach bar and the cocktails are something else. Lazing in the pool and watching the sun set is something you don't forget. And the staff make it all happen whilst being almost invisible. It is our intention to return.

Reviewed May 3, 2012

Before we arrived, I was wondering why this highly rated hotel was on the west side of the island when you could clearly see from the aerial photos that there was just a tiny strip of lagoon on that side and the main lagoon was south and east. Well the tiny strip turned out to be much larger than I thought and the sun setting over the water in front of you as you sit on your patio, lounge in the sun loungers on the beach or hang in your private hammock was magic. Kayaks and snorkel gear are free to use and there is so much to explore, 4 days was not nearly enough. The breakfasts were really good. Service was excellent, and we loved the new bicycles and the easy riding on the island. Thanks to Julian for the nice greeting and the friendly smiles from you and your staff.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

My wife and I stayed in beachfront bungalow #101 for four nights in mid April and the room was clean, roomy, and well appointed. We were on the end which affords a bit more privacy. The resort is on the lee side of the island (not much breeze) and each night we were treated to a very nice sunset.

The beach is very nice and the snorkeling in front of the resort is pretty good but I recommend snorkeling at high tide since it is pretty shallow.

We walked up the beach to the Etu Moana Resort (+/-1 mile) to check it out since I considered it for our stay. The grounds were overgrown, the villas were small, tightly spaced, and mediocre inside. The only ones I would consider would be the beach front. The others get no breeze and are pretty stifling.

The staff at the Pacific were very friendly, attentive, and were a joy. They truely made us feel like quests.

We had a couples massage which we both thoroughly enjoyed. My therapist was Salome and it was probably the best massage I have ever had. My wife had Susana who was also excellent.

Breakfast was included and was "off the menu". It was excellent, not the typical buffet, and you could have whatever you wanted and as much as you wanted.

We ate at the restaurant 3 of our evenings and it was good .

We stayed 5 nights on Rarotonga and although nice it does not measure up to Aitutaki. The island of Aitutaki and the Pacific Aitutaki Resort compare favorably to French Polynesia and its higher end resorts where we have been four times.

All in all I would recommend The Pacific Resort Aitutaki to anyone.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beach front so take your pick.
3  Thank imcookn
Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I visted Pacific Resort Aitutaki for his 60th birthday in April 2012. He loves to snorkel and we were after a hassle free vacation in a peaceful serene location and thats what we got! Rarely do we ever get to a location and see that the property is as good as it looks in a brochure ...well this property meets above and beyond any expectations!!! The lagoon, the gardens, the bungalows, the staff, the restaurant, the tours available and the location are superb and a slice of heaven on earth!!!! Daily a la carte breakfasts overlooking the pristine waters of the Cook islands were unbelievable and the whole experience was first class. We hired a little scooter and rode around the island, we watched unreal sunsets over the lagoon whilst sipping on cocktails and my husband spent hours snorkeling off the bungalow back porch, he expressed he had never seen so many fish in one lagoon!!! Nothing could be faulted with this resort from the meet and greet right through to departure, I would say words do not describe the service, the resort or the location, you need to be there and its on our list to return with our entire family!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the bungalow, there is not a bad room in the resort, all face the beautiful lagoon that...
3  Thank Kerrie B
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I really can't say anything bad about this place. We've traveled quite a bit and stayed at 5 star places including Park Lane in London. I would be happy to recommend this place to anyone. We stayed for 4 days. Enjoyed the snorkeling, kayaking and doing nothing. Meals were some of the best I can remember I've eaten. My wife and I can't wait to get back.

If you need anything, Jason is your man.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. We were in the furthest one and it was more than fine.
4  Thank digitalmacdonald