I believe the Pacific Resort Aitutaki is the most luxurious resort on the entire island.
We stayed at the Pacific for a week and then we moved to the Aitutaki Lagoon and Spa.
We wished we had stayed at the Pacific!
Here are some pros and cons that one might find helpful.
1) Greeted at the airport and taken to the resort in a van (provided by local hotels)
2) Upon arrival received leis, tropical drink served in coconut, and lots of helpful information
3) Beach Bungalow - very spacious with separate seating area
4) Hard wood floors
5) Traditional vaulted ceiling with fan
6) Bathroom was large with double sink vanity
7) No bathtub (only shower)
8) Large patio/deck overlooking beach
9) Bed was hard, but adequate
10) White sand with some large boulders and rocks
11) A lot of sea cucumbers
12) Private beach (very secluded)
13) Spa was small with limited facilities, but very charming
14) Masseuse was fantastic
15) Lobby and grounds were understated in that simple beauty kind of way
16) Pool was small, but clean
17) Food was good, but nothing was exceptional
18) Very good selection of liquor (considering remote location)
19) Poolside bar is wonderful
Things to consider:
~ Don't do the dinner on the beach (too many bugs)
~ Ask for an upgrade when you arrive
~ This resort is all about privacy (so if you are friendly and ready to mingle - this is not a place for you)
~ The hotel can book anything on your behalf (although it may be $10 - $20 more expensive you will be dealing with reputable companies and kind people).
~ 5 - 7 days is the perfect amount of time to spend at the Pacific
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Secluded Luxury … The multi-award winning, five-star Pacific Resort Aitutaki, surrounded by the breathtaking, tranquil turquoise waters of the Aitutaki lagoon, offers an intimate collection of only 27 luxuriously appointed bungalows and villas. Each air-conditioned room offers uninterrupted views across the lagoon from your very own private sundeck. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Pacific Resort Aitutaki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacific Resort Aitutaki Hotel Aitutaki