“Best day of my Honeymoon”
Review of The Vaka Cruise

The Vaka Cruise
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Aitutaki
More attraction details
Owner description: The ‘must do’ day lagoon cruise aboard the 21 meter Polynesian style Vaka Titi ai Tonga. Every morning at 10am Mondays to Saturdays, the sound of the conch shell signals the departure of the Vaka for six hours of lagoon magic. There’s snorkelling, swimming and sunbathing to do before tucking into to an island barbecued lunch of fresh caught ocean fish served on board and accompanied by a full bar service. Visit several motu (small islets) and beach comb at One Foot Island before returning past the old TEAL flying boat base. Impromptu entertainment by the crew will have you tying pareu, weaving coconut leaf plates or humming island tunes. Tour includes pickup from your accommodation on Aitutaki. Resorts adn Hotels on O'otu Peninsula are within easy walking distance from the departure point and the Vaka docks directly at the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort and Spa to pick up guests from there. We look forward to take you to the magic that is Aitutaki's lagoon.
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We were so lucky with the weather on the day we did this cruise. It was simply a magic day. Clear skies, perfect crystal water, just beyond words. The boat, the staff, the director of the cruise were fantastic. So polite and hospitable and funny. The food that was provided for lunch was of teriffic quality. Drinks on offer were reasonably priced. The tour guide was very informative and had a great personality for the role. It was awesome to be taken to all the "motus" of Aitutaki and to hear about their history and the animals which inhabit the island and surrounding sea life. We were taken to what I think is quite possibly the greatest snorkeling location I have ever been to. I have never seen such crystal clear water and the fish, not only the variety of fish but the sheer number of fish, they just surround you! George the Giant Trevally and his family are fantastic - they come so close!! I could spend the rest of my days there and be so happy.

1  Thank Anita H
"three islands"
in 11 reviews
"giant clams"
in 36 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
in 8 reviews
"air raro"
in 9 reviews
"local produce"
"story telling"

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The most incredible water I have ever seen. Snorkelled with the biggest fish i've ever swam with (giant travelly) and also giant clams. The staff were fantastic, funny, musical and served a wonderful buffett lunch. A fantastic trip that i hope to get the chance to do again in my lifetime.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Well worth every dollar. Beautiful lagoon and excellent snorkeling. The lunch buffet was outstanding, especially after the terribly mediocre one (at best) the night before at an island night in Raro. It had many of the same foods; they were just prepared better. Toilet on board, as well as complimentary water, tea and coffee the whole day. That itself was refreshing after paying $3-$4 everywhere else for a bottle of water. They also started us with a nu drink at the beginning of the tour. The crew was great - they were friendly and chatted with us individually. I felt like they were there to help us enjoy the day, not just to put on a "show." I felt a little sorry for the people in the other, much smaller tour boats that we saw, and I would guess that they were jealous of our large and obviously more comfortable boat. I would not even try a different company after experiencing this one. Whatever the price difference was, it was well worth it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We travelled in late october and the weather was perfect. We came over on a day trip from rarotonga, Our guide 'Ray Today' was funny and entertaining . This is the best trip/ tour i have ever taken. THE BEST snorkling in the area, beautifull colourful fish, giant trevalli, Huge clams. suer warm water. The best food spread I have had in a long long time, fresh fruit and fish and other local cuisine. very genuine and tasty. The staff were so friendly and very relaxed. absolutely stunning scenery and great stories and entertainment . I highly recommend this trip, either as a day trip from raro or a boat trip if you are on aitutaki. The only sad thing was the condition of some of the goats on the island at the start of the tour on land before boarding the boat. But the people dont have a lot so please support the local market and buy something, even just a coconut. :)