“Awesome day out”

Bonefish - E2's Way
Ranked #7 of 17 things to do in Aitutaki
More attraction details
Owner description: Take up the challenge of the monster Bonefish of Aitutaki with renowned Bonefish Guide, Itu Davey. The beautiful Aitutaki Lagoon is home to the worlds largest Bonefish. For fly fishermen seeking the challenge of a lifetime the 'ghost of the flats' presents one of the most thrilling angling opportunities available. The huge bonefish (kiokio) of Aitutaki Lagoon can be a real challenge to catch, Itu's extensive knowledge of the flats and legendary fish spotting ability help tip the odds in your favour.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had a really great day with Itu.the gt's weren't co-operating on the edge of the lagoon,so we moved in and I got my first bonefish,very small but still good fun.after lunch we stopped at a sandbar to wade the flats.I am in awe of itu's ability to spot bonefish.he saw about 8,I saw about 4 of these at best!despite itu's expert guidance and directions I spooked most of these.i finally clicked and started following itu's instructions precisely and hooked up on a decent bonefish.it had a massive first run,Itu asked how much line my reel held.I told him 300m he said that was fine.as it ran Itu instructed me to put my rod tip in the water to put more resistance on the fish,great idea.when it finished its run it had gone off the flats into deeeper water.itu's advice was to walk towards it and wind in.I made up a lot of ground but as we got closer to it Itu spotted a big outcrop of coral and suggested I walk backwards to lead the bonefish away from the coral.eventually Itu got a glimpse of it and told me there's your trophy bonefish.Itu told me to make my my way back to the sandbar so we can land it.after some argument from the bonefish we got it to the sandbar where Itu put its weight at around 14 pound.a trophy bonefish on my first day,magic!after some photos I held my prize catch in the shallows till it swam off.I would definitely recommend Itu to anyone wanting to go bonefishing,he gives clear instructions and I would not have seen or caught anything had I been by myself

1  Thank scottgreen14

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Itu & his crew couldn't be more helpful & dedicated to getting their clients onto fish & were great fun to be afloat with every day

1  Thank 333Steve333
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Bone fishing at Aitutaki with Etu was the reason we came to Aitutaki it was on my husband's bucket list. According to my husband there is nothing like fly fishing for a Bonefish if you are a real fisherman. I know he had a fantastic day - you couldnt wipe the grin off his face!

Reviewed July 19, 2013

mid-July trip was outstanding with Rua and Victor. A wide variety of bonefishing environments and a few fish landed despite the wind.

Highly recommended!! Should have booked 2 days!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Paired up with Etu's brother Rua as my guide. His ability to spot the bonefish was amazing, and even though my casting was not as fine tuned as it could be, I had managed to catch one bonefish before lunch. We stopped at one foot island for lunch followed by drift fishing along the banks where I caught another three bones which one was over ten pounds. Rua' s patience and excellent guidance was outstanding. Rua offered me some great advice on casting and his quiet and gentle personality made for a enjoyable and unforgettable trip. Etu and his family are all involved, and are all warm and welcoming. Any keen fisherman should put this on their to do list. As the locals tell us, 'the best eyes on the island'