“Without doubt the best and most beautifully appointed villa in the world”
Review of Aitutaki Escape

and 1 more site!
Aitutaki Escape
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Aitutaki
Sydney
“Without doubt the best and most beautifully appointed villa in the world”
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We have stayed at some great places but Rumours on Aitutaki, new Villas are the ultimate indulgence and have the Wow factor plus!!! Its hard to imagine how they built something so fantastic and well equiped in such a remote location. Highly recommended and we will be back. Great Bone Fishing, take a fly rod and call Butch Leone when you get there.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
ROTORUA
Reviewed February 2, 2010

We are trip advisor fans and after reading many reviews on accommodation in Aitutaki, we decided Rumours of Escape would be the perfect way to start our honeymoon and we must say we definately made the right choice.
If you are thinking about going on holiday or planning a honeymoon/wedding anniversary where you can truly relax and unwind in your own slice of heaven, Rumours of Escape is the place to be.
We stayed for 4 nights and we wished we had booked in for longer but rest assured we will be back.
Rumours of Escape is truly an amazing establishment,however you look at it, the location is postcard material.Its truly paradise.
It was just amazing from the very beginning-flying in and seeing the crystal clear blue water which encircled this heavenly island-to when we landed and we were personally greeted 'Kia orana' by our Hostess Tanya and were then given the most beautifully scented flower necklaces.
Tanya whisked us away and within minutes we were at Rumours of Escape.Its truly Paradise!!
The Villas are one of those exceptional places in the world where you reach your destination and you sense you are very privileged to have found such a heavenly place.
The property itself is very welcoming and the villas are all to die for. Absolute beachfront.
The buildings and coral walls are made from natural materials. Very impressive.
The beach/lagoon is stunning. We vitually had the whole beach to ourselves and we were lucky if we saw a handful of people during our stay. From the beachfront we saw some amazing sunsets.
We stayed in villa 2. Tanya gave us a full tour of of Villa. From the moment we entered our totally private courtyard, it took our breath away-plunge pool,separate spa pool, 2 sun loungers and young tropical gardens- a wall waterfall which extened into the villa-just amazing-this is some kind of Paradise. Its what dreams are made of.
The Villa is very elegant, well appointed with modern equipment ,luxurious furniture and beautiful linen,The beachfront deck is very pleasing to the eye, table and chairs and a BBQ , the perfect place to enjoy breakfast and the view is stunning..what a way to start your day. There is a boardwalk leading out towards the lagoon which has another 2 sunloungers..Bliss!!
There was not alot of noise apart from the crowing of the Roosters.
Our villa was serviced daily and to an excellent standard.
Rumours of Escape/ villa surpassed our expectations-Truly a 5 star experience.

If you get a chance,stop and have a chat with the locals-they are very humble & welcoming people.
Tupunas Restaurant is a must and we loved Teking Lagoon Cruises.Really good value for money.Aitutaki has one of the most beautiful lagoons in the world.

Tanya & Craig, the directors of Rumours of Escape Aitutaki, are a very warm and welcoming couple.
They are happy to help organise Tours,Island nights/Dinners, Rental vehicles..point you in the right direction etc, nothing is a bother for them. They have a wealth of knowledge and are generally interested in hearing what you have to say. The perfect Hostess and Host.
Meitaki(thank you) Tanya and Craig

This whole experience was out of this world and we highly recommend Rumours of Escape Aitutaki

Reviewed January 26, 2010

Beautiful villa, great location - we loved it and would love to go back one day and take some friends.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
sydney
Reviewed January 24, 2010

Our stay at Rumours was magical we could not have asked for a more magical and romantic honeymoon.

Our rooms where amazing, the food delightful, the locals amazing and so friendly, our views spectacular,and service 100%.

My Husband and I could not have found a more perfect place to share our Honeymoon, we highly recommend Rumours of Escape, for a romantic, relaxing, peaceful getaway.

We miss all the wonderful people in Raratonga and Aitutuki and will definatley be back.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed January 20, 2010

My (brand new!) husband and I went to the Cook Islands for two weeks for our September 2009 honeymoon. After doing tons and tons of research on the islands and the available accomodations, we decided to go with a package offered by Rumours that included stays in each of the Rarotonga and Aitutaki resorts, as well as flights in between the islands. Our booking process was extremely easy and efficient, and Tara happily answered my endless lists of questions about the properties.

We stayed at Rumours of Escape during our second week of the trip and I tell you what, I cannot wait to go back! We were met at the airport by Tanya who is such a delight - she had flower leis waiting for us and is so charming. After a very short ride we were shown to our villa and Tanya gave us the rundown of activities, spots to check out and restaurants on the island.

The villas are really gorgeous - a bit more modern compared to Rumours Rarotonga but same standards of luxury - even a bit of an edge in my opinion! We loved the private plunge pool and sun loungers - spent a lot of time in both! The hot tub is great for star-gazing at night too. I think we may have been one of the first guests to stay in the villas - the larger villa was still under construction and although there was a construction crew working during the day, it didn't really bother us. And I presume that the villas are complete by now so this really wouldnt be an issue going forward anyways.

The location is absolutely breathtaking - one of the more beautiful beaches on the island. In terms of activities, Tanya was happy to handle organizing anything we wanted! We rented a scooter and drove around the island - so fun!! Tanya arranged the scooter delivery for us. We also used the complimentary bikes to ride down to the restaurant at Pacific Resort - definitely doable from the loaction. They also booked a lagoon tour for us which was amazing - a must do while you are on the islands. I loved that we got breakfast delivered to us every day! At night, we watched DVDs supplied by the resort, or went to dinners at some of the island's fun restaurants.

I haven't stayed at any of the larger resorts on either island so I can't compare directly, but I definitely want to make a point of the highly personal service that we received as guests at Rumours. Two examples: 1) During the first week I became very sick (not related to the resorts!) and was unable to travel the day we were supposed to fly from Raro to Aitutaki. Tara re-arranged everything for us, and allowed us to stay put in Rarotonga an extra night just so I could recouperate. 2) While on Aitutaki, we mentioned to Craig that we would love to have some sort of private dining experience - it was our honeymoon after all! Within hours, the whole thing was arranged for us! I didn't even know that it was an option, but Craig was happy to take our request and make it happen! We had a lovely private dinner on one of the deserted islands with Teking - highly recommended!

Overall, our experience was awesome - truly an escape from day-to-day life. I cannot wait to go back again!

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
Reviewed January 20, 2010

Rumours are private villas on a secluded beach where you can walk for hours and not see more than a handful of people. Attention to detail is what make the villas so special. There are water treatments, imported Italian and Indonesian furnishings and appointments. Fabulous showers in the bath and wood and stone floors throughout. Each villa has it's own swimming pool as well. This is the perfect place if you want to get away from it all. It would be super for a honeymoon. The staff there knows the islands well and everything they suggested or arranged for us was great. We're going back again next year.

Reviewed January 6, 2010

I’ve never written a review in my life, but my husband and I had such an incredible time at Rumours Aitutaki on our honeymoon, that I feel I owe it to the world to let you know about this stunning collection of private villas (especially since I fretted over where to stay for weeks and I’m SO glad we chose Rumours after seeing the rest of the accommodation available on the island).

I’m a self confessed accommodation snob. We’ve stayed in some of the best resorts in the world, including over-the-water bungalows in Tahiti and 5 star resorts in Hawaii, The Whitsundays and The Caribbean. I can honestly say that Rumours Aitutaki blew me (and my husband) away.

During our two week stay, we were able to check out all of the competing accommodation on the island, including the Pacific Resort and the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa. None of these places come anywhere near the luxury and privacy you’ll find at Rumours Aitutaki. We made a few local friends during our stay on the island and quite a few of them told us that we should be glad we didn’t choose the Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa (dated, dirty and annoying to get back and forth from the private island it sits on). The Pacific Resort is certainly a nice looking, modern and well-kept resort, but you can’t beat the private pool, spa, jetty, etc offered at Rumours Aitutaki. There’s nothing worse than having to compete for lounge chairs. And, best of all, Rumours doesn’t allow visitors under the age of 18, meaning no screaming children/babies...music to my ears!!

Tanya and Craig, the directors of Rumours Aitutaki, were overly accommodating and absolutely lovely. I simply couldn’t say enough good things about them.

I’ve included pictures, which speak for themselves. Simply put, the villa took our breath away. Although it’s expensive, the villa is absolutely worth it...and if you’re looking for luxury, Rumours is a true five star experience. When we stayed at Rumours, they had only been open for business for a few months. With continual improvements to the villas, it seems the best is yet to come...

1 Thank Pickytraveller1212