“Just perfect!”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

We took a lagoon cruise tour on May 28 2014. I did a research before our trip and was trying to select the perfect lagoon cruise in Aitutaki. I decided on this one (the yellow boat..he he...). It's about quality vs quantity. This tour has the quality. This tour do not claim to stop at so many islands but I think the most important ones are Honeymoon Island and One Foot Island. The other small motus just look about the same to me. However, the snorkeling and experience with this boat was just perfect. There were 2 snorkeling stops and they were long stops. Since I am a snorkeler so I prefer this versus visiting islands.

Captain Puna was just the perfect host. He is so down-to-earth guy. He was careful to explain to guests that some people like to swim in deep water and some people like the shallow and that's ok. Some people just like to visit islands and he will take us there if we want. He just made everyone on the boat so comfortable and were not pressured about what to do if you don't want to, He has a lot of experience (13 years) and has a very good people skill. He really cares about people, our safety and enjoyment. He also knows where to stop (for turtle, sandbar, snorkeling, trivali big fish, giant clams).l It was all one man operation on the boat. His skills were just amazing in handling the boat.

While we were snorkeling, he always told us where his boat will be so we didn't feel abandoned while we were in the lagoon. I felt safe and was taken care of. This is probably the best snorkeling cruise I experienced in my entire life and I have had snorkeling cruises in Hawaii, Carribean, Mexico, and St Lucia. Like I said Captain Puna knows how to make his guests comfortable.

He brought us snacks such as fruit, donuts, coconuts on the boat and also lemonade on the boat. That was smart since snorkeling takes energy and those just was the perfect snacks (maybe not the donut...he he..) and drink to replenish our energy.

Towels and fins were also provided. I didn't brink fins and he was able to get me the perfect size of fins. I think he provided masks, too. I brought my own though. The boat is a medium size but comfortable. The pace is not fast like the smaller boats of other tours but I like the slower pace because I wanted to enjoy the beautiful lagoon. I just loved it and wanted to savor it. This lagoon is very special, there isn't anything like it in this world.

The lunch was delicious, cooked by his son (this is a family business). We were vegetarians and the items provided were mostly vegetarians. I was able to eat breadfruit again after years and years not having it. They were so delicious.

We were given time to walk on sand bar of One Foot Island. We also stopped at Moturakau, one of the island where Survivor was shot. Overall, we visited 3 islands(Honeymoon, One Foot, and Moturakau) and the sandbar, plus 2 snorkeling stops. In one of the snorkeling stop we saw giant clam and trivali (the big fish). It was awesome. Not every trip will be the same. I think it depends on what guests on his boat want. I highly recommend this tour.

This was a once in a lifetime trip (hopefully we can come back). It was just perfect for us. Thank you Captain Puna and family for making our lagoon cruise the perfect one.

Visited May 2014

Hamburg, Germany
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a great day on this trip. First when you see the boat you might think: is this going to be a good trip? The boat has no toilet, looks self built and you only have plastic chairs. But it was awesome. Because the boat wasn't the thing that mattered on this trip. Puna was really nice, informative and made us feel comfy. During his introduction we already saw a turtle. The snorkeling was simply amazing and he gave us all the time we needed until we thought we had seen enough. This is what we enjoyed most: the focus of this tour is on the snorkeling. Of course the lagoon is simply breathtaking but as Puna said: on the islands it's only palms and the beach. It's the underwater world which is more diverse. The food for lunch was also great. All in all a perfect day!

Sydney, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Our host Vane from Aitutaki Escape booked our island lagoon tour with Aitutaki Adventures and wow what a fantastic day. It really was the highlight of our trip to Aitutaki. There were 2 stops for snorkelling. Saw some sea turtles. Approach to honeymoon island is breathtaking.The colour of the water is amazing. The sandbank upon One Foot Island is picturesque. There was plenty of local fresh fruits and donuts for refreshments and then our stop off for lunch at One Foot Island where Puna and his wife cooked up a variety a dishes was delicious . The breadfruit salad and the home made lemon drink was my favourite. We had our passports stamped for $2 at the post office on One Foot Island. The service, food, stunning view of the lagoon and Puna's knowledge of all the little islands just made it a fantastic experience and great value for money.

Visited May 2014
New Zealand
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Go for it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

This was our second time going with Aitutaki adventures for a lagoon day trip. Having been on most of the other lagoon tours we went for Captain Puna and his boat again as we really enjoyed the relaxed pace and down-to-earth experience. The snorkelling is fairly gentle on this trip. There’s plenty of room on the boat for your belongings. Lunch is gorgeous and there's ample food. Aitutaki adventures is our go-to tour for a relaxed day on the lagoon.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank b_and_d_nz
Old Bar, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Awesome Aitutaki Adventures”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2014

This company was recommended to us by Tamanu Resort which we were staying at. The staff and trip could only be described as awesome and if time permitted we would of went back on for a second trip. Firstly we were picked up on time in the bus and travelled to the wharf for departure. The Captain for the day went through and told us what we were going to do and visit and was quite amusing with his stories. Travelling to Honeymoon Island then onto One foot island for lunch then further snorkelling off one foot island. Everything about this tour was excellent the people, the food and the snorkelling and the Captains funny stories. Please note most of the other companies ie Bishops were at the same locations, so I am sure no matter who you go with you will have a great time.

Visited April 2014