“Great day out” 5 of 5 bubbles

124 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 195 helpful votes
“Great day out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a great day out on this cruise. You get picked up at your accommodation and dropped back in the afternoon. Great swimming and snorkeling. Lunch on One Foot Island was great, cooked by the captains family. Everyone was very friendly. We stopped at different locations in the lagoon to swim and snorkel. The trip was that good we thought about doing it again before we left. Would recommend it highly.

Visited October 2012

Arlington, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“An absolute must while in Aitutaki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

The Aitutaki lagoon with her marine life, motus (small islands), sand bars, and crystal clear water are unique and amazing. It was tough to decide which lagoon cruise company to go with as they are limited, and all have received decent reviews. We took the advice of another couple that we met in Aitutaki, when they recommended Aitutaki Adventures (aka the yellow boat). The couple are “resident experts” if I may, due to the fact that this was their 5th visit to Aitutaki. So we booked with Aitutaki Adventures and were not disappointed.

I could go on all day about the beauty of this lagoon cruise but the pictures speak for themselves. Let me expand on the highlights:

From being picked up at your hotel to being dropped back off, the cruise takes approximately 7 hours. Towels, snorkeling gear and lunch are provided. Puna the Captain of the boat has a soft-spoken demeanor-he was a true professional. If you are not a strong swimmer or snorkeler, (my wife falls into this category) Puna will bring you to shallow water so that you can enjoy the lagoon while the others snorkel in deeper water. You may also opt to stay in the boat and enjoy the scenery.

Snorkeling afforded me the opportunity to view marine life that I had never seen before in their natural environment: giant clams, needlefish, and the giant trevally to name a few.
Because the option to snorkel in shallow water (you can touch the ground) was offered, my wife was able to see first-hand the giant trevally that stopped only inches from her mask and “stared at her with his big eyes” as she later exclaimed.

Lunch was one mouth-watering; Puna’s wife prepared a homemade feast that will satiate anyone. The papaya curry salad, and fresh grilled wahoo were incredible and fresh.

You will also stop at a few motus to explore-this includes eating lunch and getting your passport stamped at one-foot island, and a visit to the photogenic honeymoon island.

I knew that Aitutaki Adventures was the right choice when my wife wanted to do it again after we were finished. So we booked again and discovered that another couple that was on our first cruise had also re-booked and were on the second cruise with us as well.

The lagoon cruise is not to be missed while in Aitutaki, and you cannot go wrong with the service provided by Puna and his family-run Aitutaki Adventures.

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect day on Aitutaki lagoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was my second trip to Aitutaki and 4th day trip on the lagoon with Aitutaki Adventures. So I suppose I should finally say something about this awesome trip... Puna (like "Tu-na" as he states) is the fantastic owner and guide on this cruise. He is very passionate about his home and makes you feel instantly welcome onboard. You spend the morning snorkelling near Honeymoon Island and then get to walk around the island admiring the local birds. Snacks are offered on board and include donuts, coconut, banana and home made lemon cordial. Late morning is spent at one of the sand bars where you can take those picture perfect photos (bliss!). Then it's off to One Foot Island to get your passport stamped and have a scrumptious home made lunch made by Puna's family. I'm a vegetarian and my catering needs were very well looked after. In the afternoon it's time for some more snorkelling and you get to feed the feisty but friendly fish. Every trip has been utterly perfect and I will definitely be back again next year on Puna's boat. I've been out with 2 other companies on the lagoon and Aitutaki Adventures is by far the winner. You won't be disappointed!

Visited September 2012
Nelson
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Awesome day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

The day was a bit cloudy and breezy but as we made our way across the lagoon the clouds lifted and the sun came out as we approached Honeymoon Island, home of Red Tailed Turns, Capt Puna gave us a guided tour of the chicks who were in various states of growth.
Snorkling at 2 marine reserves was out of this world. The lunch was awesome on One Foot Island, passport stamped. Puna has a love for sand bars and they proved to be great places for photos. We will return :)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ross W
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Little piece of Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Didn't know what to expect as we were referred to this tour by our Cousin. Spent an amazing day on the Lagoon. Didn't go snorkeling because the big fishes kinda freaked me out. Will definitely give it a go next time we go to Aitutaki.

Loved that their were Doughnuts,Watermelon to snack on and homemade Lemonade. Checking out Survivor Island was cool and decided to have a dip in the lagoon there.

The feed we had on One Foot Island was awesome. Great selection Tuna,Sausages salads. The Grilled Bread fruit and Breadfruit salad was unusually delicious.

Will definitely do this tour again, Puna and his family were lovely and very accommodating. I would recommend taking a bottle of water sunscreen and aqua socks (Swimming in the lagoon) . Also there are toilets available on One Foot Island.

Great day out (10am-4pm) on the lagoon in the Little Yellow Boat