“Thank you Captain Fantastic!”
Review of Kia Orana

Kia Orana
Ranked #9 of 15 Tours in Aitutaki
More attraction details
Owner description: We invite you to book a Kia Orana morning or afternoon speedboat cruise (for up to 10 people) when you come to Aitutaki. Whether you are an individual or a couple, a wedding party, or a group of friends, cruising around the Lagoon and visiting One Foot Island, and Honeymoon Island is one of the most memorable things to do in the whole of the Pacific. We cruise to what we call "the seven wonders of paradise", and every island has something special to see and experience.
Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thank you Captain Fantastic!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

There are a few lagoon cruises on Aitutaki. We were extreemly happy we chose to go with Kia Orana! They pick you up on time, take you to some beautiful snorkelling spots (when no one else is there so it's completely private!) and take you to a quiet island that is completely private in beautiful Aitutaki lagoon. You get to spend a few hours there enjoying the pristine beaches, water, and delicious meal of fish, and fresh fruits.

A must if you are in Aitutaki!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Gavin P

• Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Aitutaki Day Trip - Safari tour and Bishops Cruise”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

This place has been voted the second best lagoon in the world. Pristine clear lagoon with white sandy beaches. A place in heaven in the sun tropics. I have been here twice and the second time was even more beautiful. The people here are very friendly and one of the safest place to go. This place is for everyone and anyone. The latest Pacific Forum was held on this island. Please enquire about handicap service.

Visited August 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ripping himself off!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I travelled in nov 2011. Aitutaki was our first destination then rarotonga. Our host booked our tour. He collected us, made a few shop stops then off on our cruise. Soft spoken was our captain. Man of few words very humble and friendly. but can Joke. the cruise was worth every cent if not more I would say....you get to visit other little islands and walk on them, test the waters, take photos, soak up the tranquility as each islet is its own..You get told history about each island so your not only leaving with a full belly but food for the mind aswell. Lunch was exceptional, fresh, tasty, plentiful and well presented. Sheltered in a shack on Honeymood Island is where he bbq'd our fish and we sat and ate while watching hundreds of little crabs crawling around. quite stimulating. After lunch were are whisked away to swim wtih fish (snorkel). Gear provided, even a bit of bait to get them close to you. I would like to take my whole family next time. Its child friendly aswell.
I would rather take a private cruise with less people (especially if you dont know them) then on those huge slow badges that cart tens if not hundreds of flocking tourists. Captain Fantastic I think you are ripping yourself off. just a little....thank you

Visited November 2011
Kerikeri, New Zealand
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Very relaxing, quite amazing!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We only had 2 full days on Aitutaki, and, wisely or not, we decided that the best place to be was on the lagoon, so we booked Captain Fantastic and his small, but very well equipped boat for a Sunday on the lagoon. We'd already had a very full day on the Saturday with Teking (about which we have written elsewhere) and thanks to a very full day, we were quite tired and wondering if we'd made a mistake in over-doing the aquatic experience 2 days in a row.

We were delighted, then, that Andrew (The aforementioned Cap'n) had a very laid-back approach to the lagoon tour, and took us to some beautiful snorkeling spots in no hurry at all. Whilst the snorkeling was not as fish-laden as Teking's locations, the group was small (8 of us) and the ambience was very relaxed. We generally avoided any other people on the water, and had a spectacular lunch on a quiet beach.

Things we loved: Small group, interesting locations, lovely lunch followed by an hour or so of beachy siesta, no rush, ever!
Things we loved less: Wading up to our waists across from Honeymoon Island to Suntan Island was a bit of a pain as it was rocky and sharp underfoot and my shoes kept falling off!

Overall: A brilliant day out, relaxed and friendly. A perfect foil to Teking's non-stop adventure!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank LloydnLaura
Brisbane, Queensland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Thank-you Andrew”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

What a wonderful day we had with Andrew aka Captain Fantastic. It was my 50th birthday and my Husband treated me to a sunset cruise on the lagoon. It was Andrew's Kia Orana Cruise that weaved the magic that is Aitutaki. We were picked up at midday and taken out to three snorkelling locations - The wreck of the Alexander, and two spots near Honeymoon Island. I am not a great swimmer so for the first two locations I sat in the boat while Andrew took my Husband on a snorkel tour - where when they finally came back onto the boat, my Husband was lost for words (which I did not think possible). The last location was shallow enough for me to have the confidence to attempt snorkelling - and I was not disappointed. The fish were everywhere in all their colourful glory - Imagine the movie "Finding Nemo" coming to life. The last stop was Maina Motu - where Andrew cooked up a Parrot Fish in his unique smoker - accompanied with a vast array of salads - one thing you won't do is starve. Mother Nature was not kind to me in giving me a beautiful sunset, the very low tides and the looming storm clouds meant that we had make it back to port about an hour before sunset, but in saying that , I was not disappointed at all, the day was magic. Thank-you Andrew for a wonderful day, and restoring my faith in humanity. We wish you the very best for the future. Anyone thinking of spending half a day on a beautiful lagoon, please give Kia Orana a go.

1 Thank Lambsy03