“What went wrong?”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Sydney
“What went wrong?”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Everyone said to go here but we had disappointing experience.

I think because a large booking was arriving we were rushed through. In the first few minutes of sitting down were approached three times to order. So we gave in and ordered food and a bottle of wine. The starters were put on our table ten minutes later while we were sitting out on the verandah having a pre dinner drink.

My partner had the marinated fish which was good , I had two small fishcakes which were OK but really an appetiser more than a first course. But we had barely started eating when they brought our mains and pushed them onto the table from the sides.

The small sized mains on oversized plates were tepid by the time we rearranged our crowded table top. My partners fish was good, but my beef rendang was beef rubbish. Inedible tough sir fry strips with non-descript coconut sauce poured over it. I know what a rendang is and this was nowhere near it. The chef is Indonesian?

We were planning on a leisurely night with some desert and coffee, but we sat a further 15 minutes with our table crowded with dirty plates and my congealing uneaten meal while the staff cleared other tables around us and didn't come near. So we got up to pay at the bar. When I told her my meal was inedible I was told "Don't blame me, go and tell the chef."

Also annoying were the outside tables that remained vacant the whole time. With reserved signs on them.

$170. Aaargh!

• Visited August 2011

• Polish first
wellington
“Good Location, Casual setting, good food”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Enjoyed our evening here - a bar and a restaraunt - lots of couples, families etc with good simple food. The fish pie was fantastic and we felt good value for money. Good range of drinks available. Open for lunch and dinner and great views from the outdoor tables prior to sunset.

• Visited August 2011
Melbourne, Australia
“Good food, nice location”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

My daughter and I had 2 dinners here as it was convenient when we were renting a motor scooter from Popoara rentals in the same building, then returning it.

The first time we had 2 entrees, 2 mains, a glass of wine and a cocktail for NZ$86. The fish cakes and Ikamata entrees were good, and my seafood soup main was very tasty with some garlic bread, but my daughter's Popoara Chicken was a little bland.

A few days later we returned for mains and drinks NZ$69. My daughter's fish and chips were fantastic, I think it was battered Marlin. My fish of the day was Tuna with an unusual garlic cream sauce, but quite tasty and very fresh.

Surprisingly the Boat Shed was really busy on Wednesday evening when we first ate, but quiet on Sunday, maybe we were just early around 6:30pm.

• Visited July 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Excellent Food & Best Atmosphere on Aitutaki”
Reviewed June 28, 2011

My wife and I made our way here twice during our honeymoon, the seafood pasta was the best on the island. Great overall, go for the fun and the people and stay for the views and the food. We met the owner who happened to be drinking next to us on the deck and we ended up staying for several more drinks!

• Visited April 2011
Hamilton, New Zealand
“TOP NOTCH RESTAURANT”
Reviewed June 7, 2011

While on our honeymoon, we visited this place 3 times for dinner. Wonderful food, best fresh fish on the island served with fresh salads. Parot fish and particularly yellow fin Tuna were extremely tasty. Fun staff, always good for a laugh and jokes, and very friendly.
Hired our car from next door on our visit.
Don't know where " Lil whats her/his name" from Germany sat or ate at this restaurant to write such a false review, it is misleading !!
A great place to relax and have a meal. AAAAAA ++++++++++++ in our view - highly recommended !!!
Tony & Fiona Taylor, Hamilton, New Zealand