Review Highlights

Reviewed yesterday
edenlecomte
Hastings, New Zealand
via mobile
Relaxed, professional, fun, really enjoyable

Reviewed 1 week ago
JohnEffCee
Sydney, Australia

All reviews honeymoon island bbq lunch giant clams lagoon cruise fish snorkel sites sense of humour te king salad one foot island private island cook islands small group smaller boat great lunch snorkeling stop fruit
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Such a fun day packed with lots of snorkeling in different areas and a wonderful lunch on TeKing's own island; Maina. Honeymoon Island was a nice break for a walk and then One Foot Island was where we got our passport stamped, snorkelled close to shore and sunbathed. The guy that took us out Shaka was really funny, he told us a lot of history throughout the tour and he made sure safety precautions were taken like making sure all our jewelry was taken off before getting off into the water and flashes turned off under water cameras because the fish will get ya! Shaka, along with a couple other guys even rushed to save a poor woman from another tour from drowning! So overall I think they know the ins and outs of things and I can't wait to go back next year and go on another tour! I'm craving the barbecued tuna!

Reviewed 1 week ago

There was a problem in that our payment had not been received. Teking just pointed to the boat and said have a great day. They had received it by the time we returned from this fantastic lagoon experience and Teking and I had a nice chat. Good guy. And the two people he had running our tour were first class. This is a tour NOT to miss. We stayed on the island, but even if you have to fly in and fly out, do it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Meitaki Ano Teking Lagoon Tours
My sisters and I had the best time even though it was cut short by the bad weather!
Safety was the Captains T1 & 2 as we nicknamed them!
Natural beauty awaits you when your eyes 1st sees the lagoon, the clarity of the snorkeling was incredible...
The kaikai (lunch)was delicious and I welcomed the added bonus of coconut cream I added to my bbq ika (fish)
Definitely be back for our annual trip to paradise

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went on a lagoon snorkelling tour with Teking. 20 of us on a small (ish) boat. This trip is primarily focussed on snorkelling and (we think) is the best if that’s what you’re looking for. If you want a sightseeing cruise around the lagoon there are other better more comfortable options.
We stopped at 3 different snorkel sites, ate a very tasty lunch on one of the islands, walked across One Foot Island and were treated to various stories & bits of history on the way. Overall thoroughly enjoyed ourselves from the time we clambered onto the back of the truck that collected us to when we were dropped back at our hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a snorkel tour with Tekking two days ago and have nothing but good things to report. It was an excellent tour, and was led by Tekking himself. First off, the weather in Aituatiki right now really leaves a lot to be desired. Haven’t had a lot of sun and today is raining pretty hard. When we went on our tour two days ago, rain was forecast, but we were very fortunate in that we really only had a couple of small showers. So while the weather wasn’t perfect, it was passable.

Tekking was extremely knowledgeable about the area and was very safety oriented. The other thing I really liked is that this
tour was smaller. I can’t remember the exact number that went out, but we weren’t tripping over each other in the water, which I have experienced on other snorkel tours I’ve been on.

The lunch provided on this tour was also top notch, but really, the most important thing is obviously the snorkeling. And we were taken to some fantastic spots. We had some great, great snorkeling. Three different snorkeling spots in all. For me the highlight was snorkeling with the Giant Trevally and the Giant Napoleon Wrasse. I won’t soon forget that.

So thank you Tekking. Thank you for a great tour that I will long remember. And thanks as well for the care you show for your land and the sea. I really do hope we will someday get the opportunity to explore this beautiful lagoon again with you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thank you so much to Captain Sharko & his 1st mate..these guys will show you the very best the lagoon has to offer and a thrill boat ride too! 4 Islands & 3 stunning snorkeling spots with a delicious lunch on a remote island.. you really feel your being shown some real hidden gems with these guys.. even a 5th stop on the way back and drop off water side to our accommodation.. very special indeed..Wow!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2018

The trip was a full day with a variety of snorkelling experiences, 3 different islands visited, and a lovely lunch on one island. When snorkelling we saw giant trevally, huge clams, and coral. We walked along a sand spit onto Honeymoon Island, had a wonderful fish and meat and salad lunch on another island, and our passports stamped on One Foot Island. The Teking team were very safety conscious and gave very clear instructions to make the day safe and fun.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

Booked with Teking at the last minute because the other two more publicized tours were booked up. Glad we did because we had the perfect lagoon day. As other reviewers have mentioned, you spend more time in the water and being able to walk around the motus/islands with Teking than you do with the other tours because Teking uses smaller boats. Also the lunch with Teking was excellent and was on a private Island near Honeymoon Island unlike the lunch on other tours which I believe takes place on the boat/catamaran.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We had a blast with Captain Shaka and crew in one of the most beautiful lagoons on earth. Captain Shaka was so accommodating to our very inexperienced young family. We made several stops to snorkel and had lunch on an uninhabited island. We saw turtles and many, many different types of colorful fish and water-life

Hurray! to Captain Shaka and Teking Lagoon Cruises for making our stay at Aitutaki so memorable.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

My sister and I had 3 full days on Aitutaki and did this boat cruise day 1 and loved it so much we immediately booked it again for day 3 before we got off the boat. These were not fancy cruise boats, these were speed boats taking us to excellent and very safe snorkelling locations, followed by lunch on one of the islands in the lagoon. The lunch was seriously the best food I had on the whole trip. The salads, veggies, and BBQ items were incredible. I’m a long time vegetarian but I tried the fresh caught yellowfin tuna & it was A+. Friendly people, not pretentious, the water was a color I’ve never seen in real life. The walk to one food island is something I will never forget, and the passport stamp is a nice touch. I can’t recommend this enough.