“Pirates of the South Pacific” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teking Lagoon Cruises

Teking Lagoon Cruises
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Aitutaki
More attraction details
Owner description: Teking Lagoon Cruises are small and intimate, ensuring a more personal experience. Local guides share their knowledge of the islands, their history and the culture that is Aitutaki, Cook Islands. Several tours are available. The most popular experience is the Signature Lagoon Cruise in which you explore 75% of the lagoon - experience 3 snorkel excursions and 5 motus! We also offer the Private Motu Adventure, the Honeymoon Island Champagne Sunset Cruise, as well as a Private Teking Charter. Don't forget your cameras! For more information or for online bookings -- visit our website!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Australia
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Pirates of the South Pacific”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

I miss these guys as much as the Beautiful Aitutaki Lagoon.

Teking, Captain No Good and the crew were the best of the best to take my mum, sister and I out for a tour of their wonderful piece of paradise.

Dont go anywhere else for a tour, even our hotel recommended them over the other crews on the island. They know their lagoon and the history of their island.

One of the mamas in her traditional flower hair garland picked us up in their "island tour truck" (much better than a stuffy air conditioned mini van) from our accommodation and instantly I knew we had chosen the right crew. Once you meet the crew, get your snorkel gear, you are off to sail the best lagoon in the world.

So many islands you visit, you will wish you could stay forever...(you can too, if you want they offer an overnight stay on one of the islands)

Lunch was superb, too much food they kept trying to feed us up we even had time to play a game of hermit crab racing as well.

A charming bunch of lads with a flare to make the ladies blush and the fellas get mucho.

They were so good to my mum, sister and I, they treated us like family.

Cannot wait to catch up with them when I come back to Aitutaki and next time I am back Teking, I will bring a whole boat load of my family and friends.

Until next time, meitaki maata e kia manuia

Visited October 2012
1 Thank kiwi020

Kelowna
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Worth every penny!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Aitutaki lagoon is a large place and it takes some ingenuity to do it justice in just one day but somehow Teking accomplishes this without making the experience feel rushed or 'on the clock'. You are picked up at your resort (9 - 9:30ish), transported to the boats, given a brief run down on what to expect (and how to behave - 'ladies first!'), pick out gear if you need it, pay up if you haven't already (cash only please), and then you are off. Within minutes you are dropping into the lagoon and are immediately surrounded by fish and live coral. Bring an underwater camera! After about an hour you are driven a short distance to a sand spit where you disembark for a walk toward Honeymoon Island where you are met by the boats and transported a short distance to Maina where a delicious lunch awaits (beer and wine for an extra charge). Then its off to snorkel with the giant clams for another hour or so. A short ride later, Moturakau awaits where you get a short lesson from Teking on local legends and plant lore with time for photography. A 20 minute ride further on puts you at One Foot Island where you can explore or snorkel. Somewhere in there, there is usually a third snorkel stop. Then you drive by a few more motus and then its back to the main island arriving somewhere between 4 and 5PM. A full day.
Bring plenty of sunscreen (and a hat), and a rash guard is a good idea if you tend to get cold. If you are staying on Aitutaki for a longer time ,as we did, and if you go with Teking a second time, he will let you out of the boat at different spots than the main group making the experience fresh again.

Overall, very well done and excellent value for your tourist dollar. A MUST DO in my opinion!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank davex25
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Teking five island lagoon cruise...best day EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Went on this cruise in July 2012 with my fiance and mum. With out a doubt this was one of the most memorable days of my entire life. On the water that day was Teking, Captain So-Good and Captain No-Good (our captain). They were awesome and the food was the best we had on our entire stay and the snorkeling...leaves me speechless. I will go back just to do this again. Unforgettable. If you don't go on it you are a fool....

Visited July 2012
San Diego, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Tekking Lagoon Cruise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Aitutaki lagoon snorkle was fantastic. Teking made the trip interesting with his quick wit. We saw some great fish including a gigantic napolean wrass. If you snorkel and are in Aitutaki, this is something you cannot miss.

Visited April 2012
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“AMAZING Snorkeling and Educational Outing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Teking and his crew are extremely nice and a lot of FUN! The locations we snorkeled at in the lagoon were absolutely beautiful. Teking knows the area like the back of his hand (in fact, he owns some land on one of the islands he takes you to). I HIGHLY recommend this tour/snorkeling adventure. I also advise to take some time and talk to Teking about life. He is a very interesting man to talk to and has experienced a lot of things. Take your passport with you on the trip and he has a stamp he will put in your passport.

Since there isn't a lot to do on Aitutaki, take this tour/lagoon cruse/snorkeling trip.

P.S. The lunch Teking and his crew cooked for us was probably the best meal we had on the island. Great work teking!!!

Visited August 2012