7 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$1,220
Priceline$1,369
Tripadvisor$1,220
Orbitz.com$1,220
1,976 results
All reviews taha'a island french polynesia coral gardens vanilla plantation overwater bungalow fish our honeymoon gourmet restaurant bora bora beach villa drift snorkeling main restaurant main island milky way pool restaurant the general manager private island
Selected filters
Reviewed September 11, 2019 via mobile

We spent 8 days at Le Tahaa and we were extremely pleased. The resort is set in a motu facing Tahaa and is kept to the best standards. Overwater villas are clean and tidy, bedding was soft and comfortable - the rooms offer a full vanity set. Maybe one point to note is that we could tell they probably needed a refresh (some serious cracks on the pillars were visible when swimming). Also, the TV was a bit small and not many channels were available - but who cares when you are surrounded by so much beauty?
The restaurant and bar offered a very good à la carte menu, which meant we never got tired to tasting new dishes - all very very good and fresh. I was impressed by the quality of the food, given some general comments about food not being great in Polynesia. The service was excellent, the staff courteous and always happy to help - from check in to check out. Our luggage was lost by the airline back in Los Angeles but it was delivered promptly the day after to our room, denoting a very good cooperation between the airline and hotel. The coral garden next to it is simply beautiful, however we did notice some individuals walking or kayaking on the corals - which upset us a bit. I think they should put a sign for guests highlighting the shallow water and potential risks to damaging corals / hurting themselves. I would recommend!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GMLETAHAA, Directeur général at Le Taha'a by Pearl Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2019

It was such a pleasure to host you during your stay in French Polynesia!

Thank you for taking the time to share these comments with us, they provide us with highly encouraging feedback to the team.

We hope that your journey back to home was as pleasant as possible and we also hope you will make the journey back to us next year!

Mauruuru,

Reviewed August 30, 2019

I stayed at Le Tahaa for six nights in April 2019 with my college-age daughter. This was my third stay at Le Tahaa and my daughter’s first. As she said on departure, it was absolutely what we were looking for and ticked all our boxes. We wanted a laidback, quiet, but classy experience where I could snorkel daily and my daughter could laze about and read in a lovely pool. We were also looking for excellent food, some fun cocktails, and a room we’d be thrilled to lounge in. Yes, this was our version of Spring Break LOL.

We were greeted promptly at the airport by friendly staff, who grabbed our bags, got us on the boat, and offered us cold waters. It’s a pretty ride to the resort, although this year, sadly, we did not spot dolphins in the water. Once at the arrival dock, we were greeted with my first-ever flower crown and promptly checked in.

Our first pleasant surprise was that the hotel upgraded us. We’d booked a Tahaa overwater bungalow and they upgraded us to a Bora Bora bungalow that was next door to the one I’d had on my last trip (thank you!). The view was spectacular and we spent hours lounging on the balcony and floating about in the chest-high water in front of our bungalow. In addition to the view, the big room draw for us was the tub—we’re both avid bath lovers, so having a huge soaking tub in such a pretty bath was a win. The hotel also delivered treats 5 nights out of 6, which we thoroughly enjoyed.

The snorkeling at Le Tahaa in the coral gardens was as excellent as it had been in previous years. I have never been comfortable with the drift snorkel through the garden (it is fast, narrow, and scares the heck out of me—I tried it once on an excursion with a guide and rapidly aborted because I know my limitations), but the snorkeling in the area of the garden closest to the resort rather than the ocean is still spectacular for those of us who are less adventuresome. It is also very easy and none of it was over my head. I saw a few sharks, an octopus, and an astounding quantity of fish. From the bungalow, we saw various kinds of rays, including a spotted ray. I was having issues with my personal mask, but borrowing a mask from the resort was easy—they were laid out in the pool hut and I could just grab and go. The hut also had a cooler of ice-cold water and cups (for those of us who don’t have refillable bottles).

The pool was very pleasant and we were always able to get loungers. The two-for-one cocktail hour (and it’s just an hour haha) was perfect as we generally just wanted one drink. Our favorite restaurant is by far the beach restaurant for lunch and I wish it was open for an early dinner as we tried but failed to eat our way through the menu in the time we had. The poisson cru is amazing, as are the various ice cream desserts. We did eat one night at the gourmet, which was a fun experience, particularly with the wine pairing, but my daughter was not feeling well, so we left early (thereby horrifying the poor chef—but it was hardly his fault!). We also ate dinner at the main restaurant twice and had room service several times. Breakfast was lovely as always. I have read some reviews about the breakfast ladies not being particularly attentive, but we found them lovely. We were always prompted greeted by name and seated; the lady would check if we wanted eggs or crepes, and then she was always around making eye contact through the meal in case we needed anything (we generally do prefer to be left alone while we eat, so this was perfect!) There was a fabulous selection of cheeses, fresh local and imported fruits, and pastries. My daughter had crepes and eggs a few times, and I had a daily date with the poisson cru.

Wifi also worked very well this trip, unlike previous trips (when the hotel staff assured us with a straight face that they were waiting for some guy to come climb a palm tree and adjust the router). Based on where we were, it worked astounding well—well enough for us to stream NetFlix while having a room service picnic in bed and for my cell phone to ring at 4am with a call from an Army recruiter for my son.

Would we go back? In a heartbeat. I’ll also note that, although the resort was 2/3 full of couples celebrating romantic anniversaries, there were also solo lady travelers and then we were a mother/daughter pair. If you’re looking for conversation, do a hotel excursion (we met several lovely people that way) or do happy hour at the swim-up bar. Even better, we were able to be as quiet and introverted as we wanted and totally recharge in an absolutely beautiful location. Thank you, Le Tahaa!

Date of stay: April 2019
2  Thank amf1
GMLETAHAA, Directeur général at Le Taha'a by Pearl Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2019

Thank you so much for your kind comments on your recent stay at le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa.

We could not be more proud to read your lovely words .

Hoping to welcome you back for a future stay!

Once again, Mauruuru roa and sunny regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2019 via mobile

It has been a positive experience, Lorenzo (the general manager) has been very professional and kind (in particular after the nightmare experience of Intercontinental in Moore’s).

The resort it is some more than a boutique resort, everything it is managed with care and attention. I spent 3 days in an overwater bungalow (n. 39) very nice with a wonderfull view.

A particular mention for Noemi who helped me with the dives and SPA treatment (Hemishere and SPA both recommended).

The restaurant it is very nice (on “the trees”), service and food very good.

Only a point it could be upgrade, the morning breakfast, a little poor.

Reccomended

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank 156lucan
GMLETAHAA, Directeur général at Le Taha'a by Pearl Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a nice review following your recent stay with us.

We have well noted your comment on the breakfast , be sure that we will inform the chef and improve it.

You will always be more than welcome to our little paradise.

Noemie Lafite -

Reviewed August 11, 2019

This is a stunning, upscale resort on a private island that caters to both honeymooners/couples as well as families. My husband, 10 year old daughter and I stayed at the end of July to celebrate by 50th birthday, and it was an excellent choice. If you want to get away from it all and spend time in/near the water, this is the place for you. Service ranged from very good to excellent, and food was excellent. We never had to wait to be seated for meals, and never felt crowded anywhere on the island. Sunrises and sunsets were amazing, the water is unbelievably clear and full of beautiful fish, and the staff go out of their way for guests.

So what are the caveats?
1. WATCH YOUR BILL. We were overcharged on multiple occasions, mostly related to charges for my daughter's food when it should have been free because she is 10. This happened twice in La Plage, once in Le Vanilla (although we had to send the bill back twice in one night for errors), and again at check-out. We nearly missed our boat to the airport due to needing to get our final bill remedied. I had allowed 25 minutes for this process, but it took more like 30 minutes and entailed quite a lot of back and forth. Not a good way to end our stay.

2. DO NOT PRE-PAY FOR MEALS. I really, really regretted the decision to pre-pay for dinners.It locked us in to eating in the restaurant when we would have preferred to do dine in our room, and it was way too much food for us. You can eat much more cheaply, and more reasonably by ordering ala carte. Also, doing this is what led to confusion at check-out because for some reason they felt the need to add this to our room charge...and also add in an additional charge for my daughter even though she ate free.

3. YOU ARE STUCK ON THE ISLAND. As much as I enjoy getting away, the resort isn't that big, the dining options are wonderful but limited, and after a couple of days I felt antsy. If I had it to do over, 3 days would have been ideal for the stay, and would have allowed us to spend time at another island. We stayed 6 nights, and that was a bit too much. I would say 3 is ideal (it is a pain to get there so you want to stay at least 3), but maybe max of 5. Everyone is different, and others might be happy with this length of stay or longer, but you truly can't go anywhere else for dinner. I will also add that seafood is very big at this resort (and in French Polynesia in general), and non-seafood items are limited, so maybe this resort is not an ideal option for non-seafood lovers. We met a man here who does not eat seafood and he was willing to order pasta from the children's menu just to get variety.

I do want to give a shout out to the pizza shack in Taha'a, which provided excellent pizza for a very reasonable price, and was a nice lunch break from the on island restaurant.

4. BE CAREFUL AT THE CORAL GARDENS. Beautiful, but very damaging! I'm amazed that people are allowed to go because it is virtually impossible to get through, at any height of water, without injuring yourself and/or the coral. Would definitely advise to keep young children out of there. Grateful to other posters who suggested wearing protective clothing, exercising caution, and bringing first aid materials.

5. ROOMS ARE NOT PRISTINE. The facilities and grounds are very well kept up, and people who work there work very hard. That said, our bungalow showed a lot of wear, which is understandable given the materials used (wood) and the water-based environment. This did not negatively impact our stay, but if staying in a pristine room without wear is important, then this resort might not be the best choice.

As far as what we did there, I had a massage, which I enjoyed very much. My husband was able to go scuba diving, which was fortunate - given the smallness, the dive outfit won't allow a dive trip without a minimum number of people diving (which is understandable). As others have reported, the person who takes out divers isn't very respectful of the coral, and not the friendliest, but he had a good dive. We also took the free boat to Taha'a and rented a car to traverse the island - we preferred this to doing a tour because we were 3 people, and with a child could go at our own pace, which I liked. Note that they only rent manual cars, so need to know how to drive stick-shift. Also notable, a lot is closed in Taha'a on Sunday (despite what Camille told us) so if you have an option try to do that on a different day. We were still able to visit a vanilla and pearl farm, as well as a grocery, so it was fine. We also went to a couple of the tutorials that Tavita put on related to weaving coconut fronts and using coconut. Tavita is wonderful and seems to be always working! We enjoyed his music and general welcome during our stay.

Overall, we had a great stay and would recommend, but there are definitely things that can go on that can reduce the enjoyment of your vacation, so go in with your eyes open! Enjoy your stay in French Polynesia, which is a magical part of the world.

Room tip: Overwater bungalows are lovely and private. We had a Tahaa'a facing view and loved it.
Date of stay: July 2019
5  Thank hliss
GMLETAHAA, Directeur général at Le Taha'a by Pearl Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2019

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write a comment about your stay.

We are happy that you have liked our service as well as our cuisine.

We would like to apologize for the issues that you have experimented.
Please be sure that we have made note of all your comments and that the manager has been informed .
We will be sure to check on any retraining requirements with the reception team.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back one day,

Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

This is what we call paradise on earth. The hotel is situated on a small remote island, 45mn away by boat from Tahaa. It is the only hotel. The environment is truly preserved without being overly developed meaning that the houses and path to walk around make one with the vegetation. In front if the pool, you have a great coral garden shallow enough for kids of 5 years old to be able to stand. You just float around with your snorkel equipment and you can see hundreds of fish species including ray and small black tip sharks. My 5 and 8 years old spent hours everyday snorkeling. Not far away, 20mn by boat, you can discover even more beautiful coral garden or swim with lemon sharks. Very nice pearl farms can be visited. Because of its remoteness, it is not crowded at all and you feel like living like robinson crusoe. The food is good and the hotel personal extremely friendly and helpful. Leave your stressful life behind and learn to enjoy your time. We had a villa with pool that was very confortable for all my family, 2 kids and 4 adults. I could write so much about the experience but i will summarized it with my kids crying when we left and asking when we will come back. We did several hotels and islands during our trip, this is the best place by far for families and to completely disconnect.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank tarikfa

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such lovely comments following your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to read reviews like yours . Please be assured that your comments have been shared with our team and that you will always be more than welcome to our little paradise.

Noemie Lafite - Guest Relations Manager