We loved our 10-day stay at Le Taha'a, and are ready to come back as soon as we can!
The location and service are spectacular, you feel like you're in heaven, and taken care of for all you may want in a relaxed and luxurious way. Hats off to the superb General Manger Julien Bressolles-- who (on several occasions) went the extra mile to take care of us!! He has somehow managed to have an ambiance that feels REAL and "of Tahiti" (entirely non-corporate), populated with the sweetness of the Tahitian people and French people on the staff (we grew to know and enjoy MANY of the wonderful staff!!) , yet every efficiency is spot-on. No small task for a very remote paradise!! We stayed in an end of pontoon OWB (thank you to Claudia at "Pacific For Less" for your guidance, and for the many other great perks and discounts PFL provided!)...the OWB was completely private! While being worried at first-- that 10 days could be too long and somehow boring....au contraire... we adventured on some days and stayed on site for others and could have happily stayed another 10 days!!! We liked the food options (consider that you're in the middle of nowhere, + I'm a vegetarian), the activities offered (Maire was great! Samuel for snorkeling+!), and the Polynesian dancing nights on Tuesdays! We did stay at St. Regis Bora Bora on this trip, and while it was wonderful (particularly in the generous and comfy rooms & excellent breakfast buffet!)--it was very tamed/Disney. We've traveled to many tropical islands before, I would come back to Le Taha'a first and always if I could! Very small downsides (in the interest of balance): Everything in Tahiti is expensive (of course!), the WIFI should be free of charge at Le Taha'a, the coffee at breakfast REALLY needs to be better (!!) --so glad we had an espresso maker in the room--and you may want to bring your own trusted shampoo + conditioner because the combo product in the room was horrible for my hair. Small things...small things indeed in the face of paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa