Our first experience in an over water bungalow at the Relais and Chateaux Le Taha’a Resort and Spa was fantastic. We arrived late at night to find our beautiful bure all decorated in flowers with cold champagne. Great night for room service!
The hotel arranged a 4X4 excursion around Taha’a island for us. The guide was hilarious and knowledgeable; a real showman. He surprised us with a Tahitian picnic consisting of local bananas, starfruit and grapefruit. He husked and cracked us a coconut and we drank the delicious milk, then ate the coconut. He made our plate from wild hibiscus leaves and the tray he weaved from palm leaves. He played the handmade flute he carved out of the branch of a wild hibiscus tree. Picked and surprisingly placed a hibiscus in my hair. We had a blast! Only the tree of us. We visited a pearl farm and a vanilla plantation. Of course, we bought some of the famous Taha’a vanilla beans to bring home for making ice cream!
The property, grounds, gardens, beach were all pristine, clean and immaculate.
Snorkeling in the property’s coral gardens was fun. A must-do!
The service at Le Taha’a was attentive and friendly; however some of the staff were inexperienced. The breakfasts were fantastic. A wide selection of food. You won't be disappointed.
The meals were also very good and very good value. One night we just ate in the bar and it was just great.
The hotel pearl shop was surprisingly well priced, along with exceptional quality. You won't go wrong getting your pearl there. My wife had already bought a pearl in Moorea otherwise she would have bought her pearl there.
We booked our trip through Pacific For Less.Ask for Jennifer. She did a great job. Everything worked out as planned. When we arrived at the airport the hotel boat was waiting. No worries. They provided good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Reservation Counter and Despegar.com so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa