We just spent 8 wonderful days at Le Taha'a. We took advantage of a Air Tahiti sale that did not include Bora Bora and Moorea. A promotion for the smaller islands and motus. Inter island flights were included with one destination return . So after some consideration we looked at the options and choose Le Taha'a.
Everything we had researched on this sight said 8 days would be too long. We prefer the less populated resorts so decided on a beach villa. We stayed in # 52. It was in a lovely location.
We could not have been happier with the villa. Our own wee pool was excellent. The outdoor tub and shower and our enclosed garden were exactly what we were looking for.
Being so close to the Coral Gardens was fantastic. You didn't really need to put your mask and snorkel on you could just walk and the rays and fishes were friendly and some of the best untouched coral we have seen in a while.
We had dinner at Chez Louises, which we enjoyed but can see why it's not for everybody.
Took Dave's Tour a half day tour of Taha'a. Wonderful advise I had found on here. Pearl farm, vanilla plantation where Brian gave us the best tour, and a ride up the mountain to the most incredible view. Truly beats the Belvedere look out on Moorea in our opinion. Had a facial at the spa which was a little bit of heaven. If you stay here be sure and take the walk across to the heli-pad, a wonderful view of Bora Bora and sunsets. If you go for sunset pictures you will need a flash light to get back but fun. Scuba diving with the Taha'a Diving on sight was a good operation.
So to the high light of the trip. We were there when the big inter island canoe race was happening. Julien the manager worked some magic and got us on a boat to go to Raitea to watch the second leg from Raitea to Taha'a. What a fantastic day. Truly a once in life time event.
So to Julien and all the staff, thanks for 8 memorable days. We are in our 50's and have had 30 wonderful years of travel. We can see why the honeymooners like 3 nights and move on in a OWB, which is so kind of them to save the beach villas for our age bracket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa