We arrived at the airport in Raiatea, and the resort shuttled us by boat over to Taha'a, which took about half an hour. The resort isn't actually located ON Taha'a it is on it's own private island. Upon arriving, we were met at the dock and leid - this time I got a flower crown which I refused to take off! The reception area is really something special and the whole resort looks like a treehouse, up in the trees. It's stunning. We had an Overwater Suite and were blown away by how BIG the suite was! Not only is the room spacious but the deck was huge as well. The bed was extremely comfortable. The view from our suite looked towards Bora Bora and we got to watch some of the most incredible sunsets that I've ever seen. The whole resort is very beautiful and very private. We hardly saw any other guests around and we enjoyed that. There are two main restaurants, Le Vanille, which is a buffet in the morning for breakfast and an a la carte restaurant at night for dinner. The seating was especially beautiful because you literally got to sit amongst the trees. The Ohiri is a special restaurant that is done "trust the chef" style. You pick how many courses you would like, and the chef makes something especially for you. We enjoyed both restaurants. One night we decided to stay in and order room service and ordered the cheese plate. After a long wait, we were delivered a whole block of cheese still in it's packaging. We were pretty sure that this was a mistake, and it took several phone calls trying to explain what we had received (they didn't seem to understand). We finally convinced them to bring us a new cheese plate which finally arrived correctly after about an hour and handed them back their package of cheese. Another night we were eating at Le Vanille and it took them an hour to bring us our desserts and then another hour for them to bring us our bill. While the resort is gorgeous, we noticed some lapses in the service such as these. You would think that for the price you pay, these sorts of things wouldn't happen. The WiFi isn't free, but at least it works. We liked strolling the grounds, playing on the beaches, and going out to the tiny little island just off the beach. We did a Cooking Lesson with the head chef, and he was awesome and informative. Among other things, he taught us how to make poisson cru, which we definitely want to be able to make again at home! We also went on a tour of the main island of Taha'a and visited a pearl farm and a vanilla plantation - both were things that I really wanted to see. The excursion also included snorkeling, where we swam with sharks and stingrays. We saw a whole lot of incredible things! However, one of the girls on our tour jumped off the boat into some coral and ended up having to go to the hospital for stitches. While the entire place feels very secret and special, it doesn't feel like they are running AS tight a ship as say, Bora Bora.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Prestigia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa