This is the best single hotel experience we have had anywhere. When we arrived, we learned that we had been upgraded to a bungalow with a view of Bora Bora and that our room was ready for us early. We opened its door to find the bed decorated with many small red flowers in the shape of a heart in honor of our upcoming anniversary. There was also champagne and cookies. The bungalow itself was beautiful--large with a thatched roof and windows on all sides, decorated in understated earthtones with beautiful wood floors. The feeling is of openness and expansiveness,. The sky and the beautiful shades of blues in the lagoon ( Bora Bora in the background) interface with the light and airy quality of the main living space in a way that took away our breath. We slept with the blinds open and woke to dawn skies and water around us every day. A large outside deck area has steps that lead down to an outside shower and then into the lagoon itself. We thought the OTW (over the water) experience was likely to be overrated. It wasn’t.
Our travel agent Leslie Borghetti of Custom Travel once again found us a good package rate: three nights for the price of two and a large buffet breakfast included. The breakfast was outstanding--fresh pastries,tropical fruits, yoghurt, muesli and other cereals, omelettes and crepes made to order. There was also an assortment of cold meats, cheeses and bread--enough to provide lunch one day when we went off for a hike on the main island. We dined both in the more casual restaurant La Vanille and the elegant gourmet restaurant as well. The food was very good but not as excellent as the service. The chef and kitchen staff were both gracious and generous in their accommodation to medical dietary limitations.
Again and again, the staff accommodated our every request: freshly baked chocolate chip cookies one night though room service was over, finding a way for us to purchase linen bathrobes as a souvenir even though supply was low awaiting a new shipment. Our wish list is very short and subject to individual taste: 1) we did not especially care for the coffee, 2) we wish there hadn’t been a charge for internet use in a 5 star hotel, 3) the times we had room service the food was disappointing.
Mauruuru roa to the entire staff of the resort for what was truly an experience in paradise. We very much hope that there will be someday an “a la prochaine”.
One last note --we also thank the resort and good luck for giving us two wonderful sets of neighbors in bungalow 5: a Japanese couple and a French couple, both young and happily on their honeymoon. We were please to see that the resort seemed to accord a same sex couple the same honors as heterosexual one. We hope that our own countries (the United States and Italy) will follow suit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome ! Ia Orana e Maeva !Part of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux collection,” Le Taha’a Island Resort and Spa “ welcomes you to a world of immaculate beauty, a timeless universe of refined authenticity. Located on the secluded Motu Tautau, facing the island of Taha’a on one side and the most perfect view of Bora Bora on the other side, the resort, inspired by traditional Polynesian architecture and style, hosts 60 remarkable suites and villas.Defined by the Relais & Chateaux philosophy, Le Taha’a is the promise of a total change of scenery, a way of life of its own, in harmony with its preserved environment, people and local culture.Welcome to Le Taha’a world… The ultimate Tahitian hideaway… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Le Taha'a Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Taha`a Island Resort And Spa
- Le Taha`a Island Hotel Tahaa
- Le Tahaa