“The happiest hotel we have been to” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Raiatea Lodge Hotel

Raiatea Lodge Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Raiatea
Huahine
“The happiest hotel we have been to”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

Karin and Olivier run the happiest hotel we have ever been to. Rai Nui and Nadia, their right and left hands are the most kind people you can imagine. They are helpful and sweet. The hotel is thought on every little detail and the food is great. I couldn't make a better recomendation.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

We started off our trip with 3 nights at Moorea Pearl resort in Moorea. We then came to Raiatea Lodge. The rooms and grounds are not up to par with Moorea Pearl but the accomodations are excellent. The reason we came to Raiatea was to get away and have some peace and quiet and that is exactly what we did. The rooms are very clean and lots of storage. The grounds are beautiful. I did not realize till I got there that there is a public road in front of the Lodge but it up quite a ways and you do not hear traffic noise. The traffic goes by very slow so there is no danger in crossing the street.
The food is amazing at the Lodge. Our package included Breakfast and dinner. However, we ate several lunches there as well. All the food was exceptional, especially the dinners. There was not one bad meal at the lodge.
We did alot of tours and activites there and they were all excellent. We did the boat toar of Tahaa with Julien. We did the vehicle tour of Raiatea with Christian from Trucky Tours. We also did the kayak tour of the river with Juliene.
The snorkeling out in front of the resort is amazing and practically is the best snorkeling we have ever seen. The coral reefs are in such good condition and the fish are bountiful.
The owners, Oliver and karen, are very laid back and are there to make you comfortable. I will say that there are not many English speaking people at this resort, so just be prepared if you go. The owners do speak English very well as well as the tour guides. Most of the resort is French. Nadia is an excellent server!
The resort is very quiet at night and everyone is in bed by 9-9:30pm. I would definietly come back to this little slice of heaven!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank funinthesun98
Dunedin, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I have to start out by saying that maybe I had higher expectations of this place before we arrived. I researched all of our hotels quite extensively, so I really thought that we were going to receive stellar service at this hotel.

The rooms were clean and pretty comfortable. The person that we interacted with seemed to have a bit of an attitude. I didn't catch his name, but he certainly took away from our experience. I believe he was running the place. A couple of things went wrong. The water was out for hours, and then the next day there was no electricity for hours. I got some type of stomach virus, so this was particularly uncomfortable for me. I'm pretty sure the water was off because they were doing construction work on the property during one day.

We had brought a small iPod player with us to listen to some jazz and reggae by the pool. The music wasn't loud by any means, and we only had it on for a little over an hour. The guy that I'm referring to earlier in this post, came over and asked us to shut it off. He said this is a "quiet place" and he couldn't allow us to play our music. We quickly turned it off. The following day (while I was in bed all day), there was an enormous amount of work going on at the hotel. It sounded like there were drills and hammers and chainsaws. It appeared that they were working on the pool bar. There was also yard work being done. It went on all day. I wouldn't have thought twice about it, except for the fact that the day before we were asked to shut off our music, because this was a "quiet place." Construction work hardly constitutes a "quiet place" in my book. I was disappointed, to say the least.

The positives were Nadia and the food. Nadia was a true gem. Always smiling and wanting to please us. She came up to check on me in the room, when our travel mates advised that I was very sick. She was the highlight of our stay here. The food was also very good. Probably some of the best during our entire trip. Don't miss the vanilla yogurt for breakfast and the fish sandwich at lunch. Terrific!

We enjoyed using the kayaks and the fish at the end of the dock were very colorful and plentiful.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank tara5525
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My friends and I arrived in Raiatea for a couple of days and due to a problem with the sailboat were delayed in our departure by more than a week. The owner of the Hotel - Oliver - helped us with anything and everything, made us feel at home and was friendlier than anyone could imagine. Food was great, service great, accomodations clean. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank paul s
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed here for two nights during the month of May. The owner is incredibly helpful, and right when we arrived he sat us down and explained the details of the hotel and activities we could do. The hotel has an old plantation style, the rooms are great, all with views and have nice and strong working ac.

There is no beach at the hotel, but there is a pier that goes out where you can swim in deep water and enjoy great snorkeling. The hotel offers free to use kayaks and one day we enjoyed kayaking out to a nearby uninhabited motu (small island) where we could enjoy that Robinson Crusoe experience. The hotel also has free bikes, and we enjoyed biking around during sunset.

The food, was fantastic, the best we had in french polynesia, and I would strongly recommend going half board.

Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel, for its great location, ambience, and above all price. For what we paid, this place is a steal for French Polynesia.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank fulleruppernai
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

This was the 6th hotel on our 3.5wk hineymoon. Nice small hotel, great restaurant. Did eat here every day, also because it's located away from anything else. Owners are very friendly, cater to whatever you want.

Took the bikes one day, went into town (all closed on Sunday), but found one store open, so bought some snacks and beer for in hotel room. Balcony is overlooking the garden and sea. Great relaxing, good pool. Rooms are small, just a bed & bathroom. Flowers everyday.

We did the Tahaa lagoon tour, booked through hotel. It's like l'excursion blue, but we used Vai Poe Tours. Same like Aberts tour in Moorea everything was pretty standard, but due to a much smaller boat (and thus 15 instead of 50 ppl) much more relaxed and fun. Highly recommended.

We also took a kayak at the hotel and peddled to a motu across the hotel (15 minutes). Spent the entire day there reading and relaxing at the beach. Watch out for those falling coconuts though!

Stayed 4 days, but as Raiatea isn't that big 3 days would also have been enough for us.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JPDeckers
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a blissful week at the end of may/beginning of June 2011.
Olivier is an excellent host and the service went above and beyond what you'd normally expect.
Nothing was too much trouble and it all added to the laid back ambience of the place.
The food was very good-although the menu remained the same for the whole week-but this we decided was probably because many guest seemed to be island hopping and therefore only stayed a few nights.
All in all I would highly recommend the logde for a relaxing holiday with excellent service.

Room Tip: We had the room c