“Diving with Julien and his very friendly team.”
Review of Hemisphere Sub

Hemisphere Sub
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Raiatea
Reviewed September 10, 2013

If you want to experience a perfect dive anytime, go diving with these guys. They are very friendly, helpful and know the places to dive around Raitea like the back of their hand. I am not a regular diver, (haven't dived regularly for years) but they were very safety conscious and went through all the basic safety requirements I had to remember before the dive. Also what I love about these guys is that you don't dive with a tribe of other people, it's like having your personal assistant under water. Julien, David and Farid are very professional. I highly recommend them.

Hemisphere-sub, Gérant at Hemisphere Sub, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you very much Marie-Pierre for your great review and your compliments!
It was a pleasure to take you diving. The way you enjoyed it was wonderful.
Looking forward to see you back again, to do some more great diving!

There are newer reviews for Hemisphere Sub

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Farid was our dive master and as we are three experienced diver, he was very accommodating. We booked the dive the afternoon before, and he met us with all the equipment in the morning. The Nordby wreck is a beautiful easy shore dive. Thanks to Farid we saw the most magnificent Nudibranches. A very nice dive. Tomorrow we plan to do the pass which is a drift dive.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am a new diver, and did my first ten dives around French Polynesia in January/February 2013 while on a cruise. This as the only dive that we booked through our cruise ship, the Ocean Princess. I must say that it was also our most disappointing dive of the trip.

First, the good. We saw our first sharks on this dive, and it was really exciting. There were black tips everywhere. We definitely enjoyed the dive experience.

I had some concerns with how the dive was run. Our DM was Benoit. Being a new diver, I would have appreciated some clearer instruction. Everything seemed haphazard and disorganized, when we were first entering the water. I wasn't sure where to go once in, and our group was falling apart. We lost one group member before we went under, and then lost his wife soon afterwards. He didn't understand the plan, and ended up alone for a while while he searched for us.

In the end, everything was fine. The lost divers found the group on their own. I just had a bad feeling that something horrible could have happened.

My other complaint was that our dives were really short. We did two, and they were 35 and 38 minutes long. These were the shortest dives of our trip, and I feel like the goal was just to get us in and out as quickly as possible.

Overall, a very average experience.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had two fantastic dives with Julien, who spread a great atmosphere and he was very professional too (well, after more than 5000 dives...).
The wreck diving was nice as well as the shark diving, the equipment in super good condition. The Te Moana Pass is a good value which gives you 10 dives that you can also use at dive centers of most of the other islands.

1  Thank miicooineurope
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Farid & Julien run a great operation. The diving was great & the dive masters were friendly and very knowledgable. They even picked us up at our hotel. I highly recommend the wreck dive. Very cool. We'll be back!