“A rich day with new experiences and learnings”

L' Excursion Bleue Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 18 things to do in Raiatea
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We had booked the tour with Bruno directly, As we are located at Bora we took the Maupiti Express to Tahaa (abt 1 hour 30 min). Bruno had four other participants in the boat when picking us from the port at Tahaa at around 9 a.m.
On the way to the coral garden we had seen two dolphins in the sea. We were snorkeling in the coral garden which was a fascinating experience. However be very careful exspecially if you are a beginner that you do not touch sea eagles and you do not touch the corals by your legs and arms like it happen to some of our group. Our knews and arms were hurted and bleeded slighthly. The corals are not deep and therefore it is important to swim between the corals and not over the corals. The stream of the water at that day was rather strong and therefore difficult to get the right turn,
After the coral garden, we visited a pearl farm and after that a vanilla farm where we were able to buy products which had been produced on the Tahaa Island.
In the early afternoon, Bruno drove us by his boat to a motu where we had lunch (the food did not really meet our taste sweet potatoes, rice, maniok, fish, chicken, papaya and coffee).
We had some time left and Bruno brought us to another Motu for a swim before driving us to the boat station at Tahaa at 4 p.m.
Bruno makes from every trip pictures which can be seen on the facebook and can be ordered either for free by email or on a CD.
We enjoyed the day and made new experiences with snorkeling and learned about the pearls and vanilla,

3  Thank Eveline T

Reviewed May 10, 2012

The good was the coral garden drift between two motos. Excellent coral and multitude of fish. Definitely the best part of a long day. The boat packs in 12 people on hard bench seats. The first stop is to sell pearls and was very tedious as two couples wanted to buy pearls and took their sweet time about it, as all the other couples had to wait while they made their selections. There is a toilet there if you ask. Lunch was served at a seperate moto and was just fine, the toilet is in the back. Homemade lemonaide and strong rum, plus all sorts of exotic fish and potato dishes. The vanilla farm was informative and the buying session went quickly. The turtles are captive and you have to pay an extra fee, by that point everyone was tired and we all said pass on that and get us back to the ship which he did after another long boat ride on hard seats. There may be better options - so check around.

3  Thank TurkeyVisit
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I concur with Pumpa11's post... 2 fast boats booked, 1 slow boat arrived. Travelling time from Raitaera to our snorkel "drift" experience and return to the port with barely time to board Celebrity Century approx 3 hours. Snorket time approx 1 hour. Food consisted of snacks on the boat. We had the opportunity to call in tot he turtle farm with just enough time to use the bathrooms.
Although I appreciate Bruno had boat "issues" I requested that he in fact had saved on his overheads (1 boat instead of 2) and should at least refund everyone on board at least $25 he ignored me and others also demanding some sort of compensation. Beligerent, dismissive and rude. Would not recommend him or his operation to anyone. We all felt totally taken for granted.

6  Thank Vicki E
Bruno F, Propriétaire at L' Excursion Bleue Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

I recognize a 20 minute delay due to a technical problem that has slowed our speed, this delay have upset some persons. I beg you to forgive me about that, considering however that it was not after but during my excursion which is under my responsability for security.
Above this, Is that a reason to exceed the limits ?
A direct contact would have been better suited to resolve the incident at best.
Contrary to what you say, let me write that the service have been done in accordance with our commitments.
Due to the shedule, as you know, it was not planned to stop for a meal but a service on board with fruits, cakes, drinks and almost unlimited beers which all have enjoyed it seem.
The thousands of cruise passengers and visitors who have known me for over 10 years know that I'm not rude and no more with you, but surprised and somewhat closed in front of sudden aggressiveness of some persons at the same moment where I needed get organized to minimize the delay, i repeat, before the end of the excursion. i can’t imagine that in a plane or a cruise.
We finally arrived lateless than feared.
I'm obviously not satisfied by this day and wish to apply forever my basic formula, limited to 12 passengers on my own boat to avoid a larger organization that I tried to rise only to satisfy the unusual number of requests I receive before the arrival of a cruise ship, and which appears to limit the quality of my performance.
Best regards

Reviewed April 3, 2012

We recently toured the French Polynesian islands by cruise ship, this was by far our worst experience. We had booked two boats to take us to the coral gardens and snorkel. What turned up was one boat, which had major engine problems, not also helped by the owner Bruno who turned up in a bad mood. So, we all had to cram onto one boat, take ages to get to the coral gardens so that we only had 1 hour to snorkel before returning to our cruise. We were also supposed to visit a turtle sanctuary, but because of lack of time, this did not happen, and also our boat was eventually replaced by a high speed ferry, so that we could get back on time!!! Why did nt he have available first up???? There was some older people on the tour and they were most distressed because there were no toilet stops etc etc. All i can say in closing is go elsewhere, we told out that there were tours for $25 doing the same things with high speed boats, we unfortunately paid $80 each, ripped off.

5  Thank pumpa11
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We organized this full day tour with a small group from our cruise roll call. All arrangements were easily made ahead of time on line. We joined Bruno (operator and guide for the day) in the port at Raiatea and set off on his boat for the planned day. Bruno explained the route and stops for the day and off we went. The day included a route circling the island of Tahaa with stops at a pearl farm, vanilla farm, the amazing coral gardens and Polynesian lunch. The stops at the pearl farm and vanilla farm were informative. Products were available for purchase but there was absolutely no pressure to purchase. I can't say enough about the incredible snorkeling experience in the coral gardens at Tahaa! This is a shallow channel area of beautiful flowering coral formations with abundant tropical fish. Bruno lead the pack as we slowly swam through the coral. Bruno takes an underwater camera and is constantly shooting pictures of everyone and the fish and coral. You can purchase a CD of the photos if desired. One of the couples with us ordered the CD which Bruno delivered to our ship before it set sail that evening. I took my own underwater camera and frequently look at the photos to remember this fantastic experience; especially the snorkeling!

6  Thank banditoo