“Awesome food and friendly owners”
Review of Fare La Canadienne

Fare La Canadienne
Ranked #13 of 75 Restaurants in Moorea
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2014

What a relief to find a place to have a great meal on Moorea without having to part with the equivalence of a car down payment. My wife and I shared a ceasar salad (fresh and tasty) followed by a monstrously large Quebec burger cooked perfectly and garnished with lettuce, Swiss cheese, bacon, mushrooms and a delicious home made sauce, all served on a fresh bun.
Sadly...my wife also ordered a burger, although we could easily have shared the one burger I'd ordered.
Although the surrounding don't rival the hilton or Sofitel...the service, price and taste by far make up for it.
Dinner for two including a glass of wine each $6400 francs

2  Thank Gerd F

Reviewed February 16, 2014

After arriving on the ferry we were driving to our hotel and looking for a lunch spot. We almost drove by this place since the sign said 'Canadian Food', and I can't name any food that I think of as Canadian. But since the sign also said 'hamburgers', we gave it a shot and were very happy we did. The owner seems to be the cook and his wife the waitress, and she was very pleasant and attentive. I had a double burger and fries and my girlfriend had a toasted tuna sandwich which were both excellent. The burger was so big it didn't fit in my mouth, so a single burger would have been more than sufficient. It came on good bread with a nice sauce, and the tuna was on some delicious fresh French bread, lightly toasted. We also got a coke and the meal was the cheapest and one of the best tasting we had on the island, only 2500 total. It was even cheaper than eating at the food trucks on Tahiti.

2  Thank frank3355
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Closed Mondays & Tuesday, open for dinner at 6pm. We visited twice and had Mahi Mahi burger & regular burgers, both were excellent! A sandwich, fries & drink are included in their "trio" price which was 2000xpf, or sandwich alone is 1400xpf, they also have dessert crepe's, which are 1/2 the price of Toatea and very good. Friendly owners, good service, good value, and was close to our rental!

2  Thank toletiquesbysam
Reviewed January 28, 2014

What a great roadside restaurant. My wife and I saw this restaurant as we passed by on our rented bikes. As we were returning to our hotel, the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora we figured why not give it a try. Our waitress was upbeat and friendly, you know the type, the rare one that is happy to be be working and great with people.... My wife and I each ordered a local Hinanu beer, some more water to go,and a fair priced lunch all for about $50 US dollars. I ordered a boring, but great chicken sandwich BUT my wife decided to be bad and ordered the 'Monster' burger! Wow is all I can say. It was HUGE, and excellent in flavor. If you don't stop here, you have missed a nice lunch opportunity. When we arrived, we noticed several local police officers eating here. You know what they say, if the locals eat there, it has to be good and the prices fair.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was a nice little roadside restaurant within easy biking distance of the Sofitel Moorea Ia Ora hotel. My husband and I each had a local Hinanu beer, two big bottles of water, and lunch for about $50 US. My husband ordered the chicken sandwich and I ordered the 'Monster' burger. It was HUGE, and had the flavor to match. The service was fast and friendly. I would go back, and I would recommend this place to friends.

1  Thank SCUBAgirl55