“Perfect Place to Stay with Friends”
other traveler has booked this property

Review of Tahiti beach house

house and mountain private outrigger canoe
Check Availability
tahitan neighbour fishermen
master's bedroom
living room
tahitian food
fresh raw fish and coconut milk
breadfruit from the garden
smooth lagoon
white sand
rainbow in the evening
sunset bliss
living room from the loft
roofed alley through luxurious garden
room 2
gardens
kitchen
bathroom 1
master's bedroom
terrace, front garden and lagoon
outrigger canoe
morning or evening glaze on the lagoon
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 31 reviews

Reviews from our community

ScottHaid...
New York City, New York
“Perfect Place to Stay with Friends”
Reviewed September 10, 2013 for a stay in June 2013

My wife and I and a couple of friends stayed here for a week in June, and could not be more positive about our time at the Tahiti Beach House. Natea was so welcoming, kind and helpful. This is not a holiday apartment, rather it is a big spacious and breezy house, which is great for relaxing and sharing good times with family and friends. While there is a cat and dog, they are both lovely and do not cause any troubles at all (just entertainment). We hired a scooter, as transport really is necessary, and spent a lot of time around the wonderful different places on the island. It is also very affordable when compared with other options around the island. We will definitely be back.

Traveling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
cg0994
Los Angeles, CA
“Living Like a Local”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

We recently rented this wonderful house, just a short walk from the Moorea Pearl, where we've stayed several times. We found the location and the tranquility to be major benefits of staying here, and we highly recommend it for those looking for an affordable experience in a beautiful part of the world.

The house has three bedrooms, one with A/C, though Natea tells us she plans to add A/C to the other rooms eventually. The main area of the house doesn't need it in my opinion, because during the day the house is constructed with sliding glass doors that allow a great crosswind from the ocean which keeps the place cool in the sun.

The spacious master bathroom opens into a huge shower built as an extension on the house made from opaque glass bricks, with its own doorway to the outside. It's a great way to wash off the ocean salt after a time in the water.

We spent much of our time snorkeling out back. The rear deck of the house looks out on a grass lawn which ends right at the water, and the snorkeling is excellent. Many big coral heads attract dozens of species of fish at all times, but at the same time the area is somewhat sheltered from ocean traffic, in part due to the neighbor's long dock, so boats don't come by often. We were very fortunate on one particular day, when a school of dolphins swam right past us, followed literally ten minutes later by a group of five eagle rays! No idea how often things like that happen, but it added to the feeling that this is a special place where the ocean's more beautiful species like to hang out!

Each morning we bought food from the market down the street for breakfast, which included fresh baguettes and pastries, fruit, juices, etc. At the moment the island doesn't get eggs in stores, so our initial plan of cooking egg breakfasts didn't work out. We did make pancakes with instant mix we brought from home. The kitchen is fully functional with a gas stove, refrigerator and microwave, plus all the pans and utensils one would need to feed a very large family. We were dismayed after we left to realize that the big tree overhanging the back porch is a passion fruit tree, and we surely would've eaten some had we known. Horticulture isn't our specialty!

For lunch and dinner we explored the many great restaurants on Moorea, so cooking wasn't our main focus. We rented Natea's car for the duration, which worked out perfectly. We were able to come and go as we pleased, and had a relaxing place to come back to after each excursion.

One caveat I'd offer is that if you're not used to areas outside of the resorts which spray for pests, the mosquitos and other biting insects do come out here, particularly at sunset, when we tended to be outside relaxing. My wife is highly reactive to mosquito bites, so she ended up with a few welts. I recommend you bring repellent and after-bite treatment. The house does have electronic repellent devices in every room, as well as some cans of bug spray if you forget your own.

We had no problem with the neighborhood's dogs, and we had previously requested that Natea remove the cat who lives in the house, as my wife is allergic. We never laid eyes on the cat, and allergies were never a problem. We mainly saw two dogs, Natea's dog Tonga and a big neighbor dog, who do play and frolic in the backyard, but usually kept their distance and never came in the house.

Overall this house is a great deal. You get so much of what makes Moorea a beautiful place to vacation, and the price is far lower than any resort. Living like a local can be great fun!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and snorkeling off the back yard
Liked least: the mosquitos
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
PamelaVan...
Kansas City
“Great place to escape it all!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013 for a stay in May 2013
people found this review helpful

We stayed at The Tahiti beach house as the first leg of a three week adventure through French Polynesia. We decided that Moorea would be a great place to "blend with the locals and rent a house. We loved that we had a ocean front property all to ourselves. We also were thankful to have the convience of a refrigerator, stove, coffee maker and all the stuff you would need to be comfortable just like at home.
The first day we walked over to the little market and stocked up on wine, food, snacks and coffee. Although the food at the grocery is quite a bit more expensive then at home, it was nice to have snacks, make cocktails, and have our morning coffee while watchng the sunrise.The location if this property is ideal. It is only a short 10 minutes from the ferry and airport, maybe even less then that. It also is close to a snack shop, and market, and a pizza shop, andf le mohagany which we liked as well. We also loved being able to snorkel right off the house. We saw all sorts of marine life while out there, keep in mind you want to go pretty far out to get to the reef, yet it is not too far to swim.
The house was plenty large for the three couples. We all felt we had the privacy thhat we needed, and found plenty of great nap and reading spots throughout the home as well. The layout and furnishing in the house were very nice, everyday I discovered new art, I loved that.
Do keep in mind that this is a open home, and you will not be the only residence. There were gieckos every night on the ceiling, which we loved, and they eat bugs which is a bonus. There were also a few VERY large cenipeeds...about four-five inches long, some of the people were a little freaked out, but they did not bother us. There is also the cat,, the dog, and the neighbor's dog. NOw I mustadd, that despite the fence, the neighbors dog stil comes to paqy a visit. I LOVE dogs, and the neighbor dog is very cute, and very playful, yet does pee eveywhere outside...but he never came in the house, neither does the other dog. Only one of the six of us was bothered by the dogs, as she does not like dogs, and they both came and peed by her while laying out one day. There are also, huge crabs that burrow throughout the yard. We enjoyed watching these little guys come out at night. No worries, they will not bother you, in fact you can't get too close at at, they are very scared of people. And finally, there are lots of misquitos, so come prepared and bring lots of bug spray. I have to admit I did not use any bug spray, and never was bit, yet the other I was with got eaten up from time to time....but hey...it's the tropics!!!
While in Moorea we rented the car from Tepapa, which was very convieniant. We went around the entire island the first day associating ourselves with everything. The Island is pretty small, you can make it around the island, stopping and looking at things in a little over an hour. I must say the ATV excursion was a ton a fun, and took us to the most beautiful sights of Moorea. I just took the house bike down the road a few minutes and booked through Alberts. It was great!!! We also visited the Lagoonarium 2 times, as it was amazing snorkeling...make sure you go to a feeding, which they have 2 times per day. This is inexpensive and one of the highlights of the trip for me. We scuba dived with Moorea FUn dive...wow, they are the best!!! and the diving with Lemon sharks was awesome!! There is lots more to do as well. We missed the tiki village show...boo, we did not relaize it was only certain nights of the week. All in all, Moore4a was less expensive then Bora Bora, and we really loved the lush and laid back vibe of the island.

My only tips for Tepapa would be to put up a white dry erase board/clander so guests could sign up for the polynesian dinner her sister in law can make, or for massages, or car rental ect. We were really wanting to have dinner prepared one night, as well as book massages, yet we did not get to. Also there was a little confusion with what days we wanted the rental car. I think if there was a calander guests could sign up for which days they want to car, massages, and dinner served. Tepapa could just check it in the morning..just a thought.
The ONLY complaint I have regarding our stay is an issue that arose with the outrigger canoe. WE were all very excited that the home came with an outrigger canoe. ON the first day after we settled we went over and wanted to take the canoe out. The poor canoe was in poor condition, filled with water and was falling apart. Luckily my brother in law is pretty handy, so he drained the water out and got the canoe at least to the point him and his wife could take it out, yet the outrigger part was barely hanging in there. I opted not to take it out, since it was not in the best condition, I did not want to get stuck out there. The night before we were leaving, Tepapa told me that one of my family members had broke the canoe!?!!!! I was thinking we all walked up to the cnoe when we got there together, and I saw that it was already broken, in fact he helped fix it enough it could be taken out. She said she was going to have to pay to have it repaired, BUT she would NOT charge us. I did not want to argue with her and since she did not charge us, it as not a big deal, HOWEVER a very akward situation.I would hate to damage anything, and would wish to resolve any damage we had done, yet this was crazy.I think that Tepapa should do a walk through upon arrival with guests assessing the condition of things, and then a final walk through if she is going to address things concerns with guests ever. It was weird to have enjoyed such a great week at the home, to on the final night be left with such an akward situation. I really wish that we would not have been addressed with this issue, as it was really the only downfall. Also, this is water front property..not really a beach front property, there was not really and beach. It is shalllow enough to walk right in, but just to be clear no beach.
I think if you are traveling with a group/family to Moorea this is a great choice. It is a very comfortable home with everything you need to enjoy a wonderful vacation...even games and music if it rains. The wifi was also a plus for booking activites. I am thankful to Tepapa and her family for welcoming us. She is very knowledgeable of French Polynesia and we enjoyed chatting with her. We booked this rental, then OWB in Bora BORa, and then finished at NInamu in Tikehau. I must say it was the PERFECT well rounded vacation!! Happy Travels

Liked best: The Private ocean front
Traveling group: Other
People with pets
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Paradise...again...”
Reviewed May 19, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

We were lucky enough to return to Tahiti Beach House after thoroughly enjoying our previous family vacation here during October 2012.
We are a group of 6- 3 adults, 2 teenagers and a 5 year old.
Weather was very warm about 30 degrees celcius and humid. Water temperature very warm too.
I will mention again the highlights of this property: Firstly the care and hospitality shown by the owner, Tepapa, is what makes this property so special for us. She speaks perfect English, and is full of information on the area, culture and activities. She is always contactable and quick to reply to communications but we never lacked privacy.
We feel safe and secure at this vacation home.
The home has excellent high speed wireless internet access- important for the teenagers to update their facebook status!
Since our last stay an effective fence has been erected to keep the neighbours dog away from the property, Tepapa explains that this was necessary as the dog was a nuisance to some visitors. There is a docile resident dog on the property and a sleepy cat, both of them no problem to us (in fact a highlight of our trip is having the dog swim with us and petting the cat at night.)
The home has a lovely open layout with plenty of space for privacy, book reading, naps.
Its great to be able to use a vehicle when needed, we use this for touring around the island and shopping. There is a small supermarket a short, two minute walk from the property where you can buy all of your cooking needs, a store next to that which sells all kinds of bits- fabric, pots pans, toys etc etc. A longer (about 20 minute) walk will take you to a shopping centre with souvenir stores, patisserie, pearl stores and supermarket.
We love to drive to Temae beach for snorkelling and sunbathing- about 5 minutes by car.
We also like to take a day trip to Papeete for the pleasure of the ferry ride and to browse the market there, although there is nothing there that cant be bought on Moorea.
When we're too lazy to cook we like to walk to the local roulotte which sets up outside the shop close by. It is open Wednesday- Sunday and relatively inexpensive for tasty large meals of poisson cru, curried shrimp, chow mein, burger etc
FYI eating here is not as expensive as many people say, especially if you cook for yourself and eat at roulottes. A good baguette is about 60-70 franc, large chunks of tuna are about 1000franc.
Snorkelling in front of the house is lovely, the further you swim towards the outer reef, the larger the sea life gets, we have seen turtles on both of our vacations at this house as well as coral fish all colours of the rainbow, smaller sharks, eagle rays, octopus etc. There is a narrow pass/channel that you can swim over- at first I was nervous of this channel! But it is not scary, you can almost always see the bottom, it is never dark, and the best snorkelling is along the edge of this channel.
I thoroughly recommend this vacation home to couples, families and extended families, you will not regret the experience and value that this property offers.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Hospitality offered by the owner.
Liked least: Having to leave again.
Traveling group: Extended Family
utah
Reviewed April 20, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
CO
Reviewed March 17, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Cheryl M
Longmont, Colorado, United States
“Vacation of a Lifetime”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

We so enjoyed our 10-days in paradise time at the Tahiti Beach House in Moorea! The owner, Tepapa and her family, Nita and Julienne, were outstanding hosts and truly took care of us from the moment we arrived - which included a greeting accompanied by fresh cut bananas, coconut and mango, all from the property! Loved our lesson from Julienne on how to open a coconut as well. Our 'house guests' - Tonga and Peety - were so very friendly. We sure enjoyed their company. We enjoyed exploring the island and many beaches (especially Temae and Mareto) yet quickly realized that the best beach and snorkeling were right outside our back door, and use of the use of the canoe and kayak were a plus! Tepapa offered numerous restaurant suggestions - our favorites included Carmiline's for breakfast/pastries, Rudy's and Mahogany's for exquisite French cuisine, and must admit, Allo's Pizza was outstanding! Be sure to visit Belevdere Lookout and take the trek to the waterfalls... both magical. Highly recommend Moorea and Tahiti Beach House!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and recommendations from owner
Traveling group: Friends
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$387
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing